What's new

Soundbar with a receiver? (1 Viewer)

MRK

Auditioning
Real Name
Madhu
It was part of the house. May be you are right, it might be more work than he anticipated.
schan1269 said:
Is this bedroom part of the house that "wasn't there when the house was new"? Otherwise known as a "room addition"?

That would be about the only explanation that would make sense on why he couldn't run a piece of conduit. (or rather, didn't want to...more work. Was this "agreed upon" in price before hand...and then it turned into "more work" than he thought he'd get paid for?)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I think this all boils down to what is your ultimate goal.

If it's to simply improve the sound over the stock TV speakers, and the sound bar provides the audio quality that you desire, then I agree that the 921 is just a waste of device. Sell it and use a remote controllable HDMI switch as Sam suggested.

If your ultimate goal is to have a theater-like surround sound setup, then the 921 is a good piece of equipment to keep on hand, and the soundbar is not really going to help you achieve your goal.

Essentially, an A/V receiver like the 921 and a sound bar like the one you have are each intended for different end goals. It's generally not cost-effective to try and combine the two.

MRK

Auditioning
Real Name
Madhu
I agree with both of you Sam & Jason. Probably I will keep my 921 and get passive speaker system some time in future and move the sound bar into one of the bedrooms. In the meanwhile based on the set up I have, is there any improvement I can make to get better sound without adding any additional stuff?Thanks to both of you for your input.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your sound is only as good as the weakest link. If you don't like the 660...Try another soundbar. The only tweak there is with a soundbar is box it up, return, pick another one.

MRK

Auditioning
Real Name
Madhu
schan1269 said:
Your sound is only as good as the weakest link. If you don't like the 660...Try another soundbar. The only tweak there is with a soundbar is box it up, return, pick another one.
Sorry I should have been very clear. I like the soundbar for sure as it performs way better than my TV speakers. my question is more towards is there any better way of connecting with my setup using 921 as a switcher?

MRK

Auditioning
Real Name
Madhu
schan1269 said:
Nope.The way you have the 921 connected is a complete and total waste.
Thanks Sam. I got your point. I am thinking of using 921 in my bonus room or selling it. Can you please point me to very good HDMI switcher which can be controlled using my harmony 900 in a closed cabinets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks