What's new

Sound upgrade in wifey's Rendezvous? (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Everytime I get in the "family truckster" I'm a little disappointed... Most new GM vehicles have "pretty good" stock bass... this one however doesn't have any punch.
(It's new to us and I rarely drive it, let alone by myself,)
So really haven't given it a workout. But the bass is set higher and is really lacking.
It has the 8 speaker premier package with DVD for the young'uns. She won't stand for a HU, amp, and speaker upgrade, and anything I install will have to be compatible with the entertainment pkg. w/steering wheel controls.
I've always installed my own sh*t, and recently re-did my system in my summer ride. I havent really had much luck in the past with those high-to-low pass converters that you gotta use for a system without rca's.
Q. Can I hook up a small amp and sub that will not disappoint, maybe a couple 6.5's or one 8, and not hack into my wife's "new" ride???

KenWong

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I just went to training from PAC for this.. basically, they make a bunch of adapters that you can use to RCA's to your system. Which will allow you to then, use your current premium sound system as well as adding anything that takes RCA inputs. If you want.... PM me, and I can find out the model number to the part you need.

You can also put an aftermarket radio in your car now, and still be able to retain your steering wheel controls and all that good stuff as well if you choose to go that route.

Also, one 8... won't really put out the bass you want, though I know there are some pretty powerful 8 inchers in the market including the W7, or even the Koda. I suggest going with at least a single 10... it'll provide more adequate deeper bass, still in a small set up... and it has the extra headroom you need in case you do want to turn up the bass a little. If you get the 8, and later feel that it's not enough, you'll have to upgrade a lot more.

Hope that helps. -Ken

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Thanks Ken, I would be very interested in the part no's
Hopefully no cutting/splicing will be necessary...
I PM'd you BTW.
I talked to another guy that RAVED about the tangband 8's
your thoughts??
I checked out the room under the rear seats last night looks pretty small so a 10 is probably out of the question...(It has third row seating as well that folds down, so no room there either.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks