What's new

Sound cards (1 Viewer)

audioslayve

Auditioning
Real Name
seth stoddard
I am looking for a new sound card, and looking for suggestions... Right now I have an X-FI platinum, problems after problems. I need a card with several digital in's and out's. ( both digital coax, and optical ) Is there any cards that are not external that just have digital in's and out's? That will also do dolby d and DTS bitstream, all the time? Any suggestions please...

audioslayve

audioslayve

Auditioning
Real Name
seth stoddard
The X-fi does not stream true dolby d, plus I'm having problems with the analog outputs shorting out... I've tried swaping pci slots and the whole nine. I really don't even need analog out, just a couple digitals, and a few digital in's. Preferably I'd like an actual card and not an external usb, or firewire piece.

audioslayve

audioslayve

Auditioning
Real Name
seth stoddard
I was looking at the home theater connect accessory, from creative... I'm almost sick of creative though at this point. Their warranty, and customer support really blows. I might get one of these HT connects, unless I find somthing else better for the money..

audioslayve

Real Name
Paul Tilburgs
You might want to have a look at the cards from auzentech. for some idiotic reason I seem to be unable to post the url, but you can easily dervie it yourself (just add the usual www and com)....

Their Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 seems the card you'd most like (has both digital coax and optical inputs and outputs.

I myself have the Auzen X-plosion 7.1 DTS connect and it is an excellent sound card.

Both cards do dolby digital and DTS conversion of analog sound on the fly.

Real Name
Paul Tilburgs
yep, that's the card I have. I installed it using the latest XP drivers (02/07/2007) and it works great. I have it connected using a digital coax cable to my old Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 dolby digital decoder. I hyave had no problems whatsoever so far.

Norris

Stunt Coordinator

Is that included on the CD shipped with the card, or did you download it off their website? I'm leaning towards that card to connect it to my Harman Kardon receiver.

Thanks,

Real Name
Paul Tilburgs

I downloaded it from their website. I have no issues with the drivers (note : before installation I did disable the on board sound controller on my motherboard. You should also first remove any previously installed audio drivers (in my case, due to other problems, I did a complete re-install of windows XP). Anyway, the user guide points all this out (and you can download the user guide if you want to have a look at it before buying)).

audioslayve

Auditioning
Real Name
seth stoddard
I'll look into these Auzens, thanks paul...

By the way, this PC I built for mostly media, and experimental use for new media hardware. Obviously by that remark, i'm running media center edition 2005. ( well it's only because i'm waiting for Vista to come alive ) As far as drivers go, will I run into any problems with playing all my media through media center and not their player software?

Some genious with lots of money should build a card that suits all of the media pc needs...:emoji_thumbsup: lol

audioslayve

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have the X-Meridian 7.1 that I use with Media Center. I am able to play my back the audio from my CDs, DVDs, PVR, etc. through the card with no problem at all. I can also drop out of Media Center and use Power DVD through the card no program. I output the audio through the optical digital outs and input this into my receiver for my HT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks