What's new

Sound Bar and Subwoofer combo (1 Viewer)

wilsed

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Wilsom
Read all over about these combos. Have Vizio sound bar with sub output. Tried two different powered subwoofers and can get no sound. Any idea why? thanks

wilsed

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Wilsom
Basically the OMs say to plug the sub into power, turn on and connect to sub out on sound bar. Doesn't work. Sound bar is Vizio VSB200 and sub is Insignia NS-RSW211. Spent hours at Best Buy and they couldn't make it work. Their solution was to install home theater and then make bar and sub woofer a part of that. Have talked to Vizio, Best Buy and Insignia and no one could tell me for sure why it doesn't work. Any help will be appreciated. Ed

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've perused both manuals, there is nothing to screw up.Exchange the Vizio for another one. My guess is the sub out is non-functional.You aren't the first person to chime in..."My Vizio soundbar does nothing with a subwoofer like it is supposed to..."I was going to suggest changing the source to DD, but the OM of the Vizio says PCM only, so that goes out the window. It could also be whatever you are listening to, as to the source/content, doesn't have anything under the "cutoff" that Vizio chooses to use for the sub out.

wilsed

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Wilsom
Took the sub to Best Buy. They tested it and said the speaker was ok. Then they hooked it up to Insignia bar and it would not work. Is it possible I had a bad speaker and a bad sound bar???

wilsed

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Wilsom
Returned the Insignia subwoofer to Best Buy. Returning the Vizio sound bar for credit. Purchased a Sony bar and subwoofer and now have excellent sound. Problem solved. Thanks for your advice. Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks