What's new

Sorry for being a noob please help w/ Sony BRAVIA DAV-HDX589W (1 Viewer)

Irishguy3

Auditioning
Real Name
??
this is my very first home theater system so I basically know nothing about them. My problem is that I am not getting any bass. The subwoofer is working and you can feel a slight vibration when its in use but the bass just does not kick. When you turn the dynamic bass on and off its completely the same and does no difference. When I put the setting on dvd I can go in and tweak everything but when it is on every other setting (radio,TV,etc) I can do nothing. This wouldnt be a problem but I specifically bought a theater system for when I play my games and such . I watch all my movies through my ps3 so im kinda at a lose here. It has a HDMI output but nothing for an input so I have the system hooked to the TV via co-ax cable(think thats it). Has anyone ever ran into this problem? How can I resolve it so my bass kicks?

AudioENG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
This system seems sort of limited for what you want it for. I think it only has a hook up for analog audio (red and white). This means that if you are trying to watch a movie with your PS3 and hear the audio through this system it's not going to even be giving you true surround sound. Same goes for any games that are surround sound (5.1). I'm sure the bass is limited since it's a compact system. Did it you demo it at the store and it sounded better?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Connect your PS3 to the tv using HDMI. Use a digital optical cable from the PS3 to the home theater system. This will give you the best possible sound from you PS3. For tv sound use the left and right analog outs from the tv to the left and right aux ins on the HT system.

HTIB systems won't "kick" like automotive systems, they're not supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks