What's new

SOPRANOS Season 6: Season Finally!!!.. Episode 12: "KAISHA" (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That commercial was freakin' awesome! :)

On a semi-related note, I've been rewatching all the episodes to get ready for the new season. I gotta say that this show is even better than I remember and I always thought it was great.

The Sopranos is arguably one of the greatest shows ever on TV.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm with ya, Travis. Next to 24, The Sopranos is my favorite show currently on TV and one of my faves of all-time. I'm pumped that "the crew" will be back in a few weeks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

No doubt about it. I think Season 1 might be the finest season of any program ever.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
The full-size one I saw in New York Post has way more picture. It was square, for one. But this is good, we're getting somewhere :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Paul, I linked to both official trailers (trailer and teaser) in this thread. The "download" link is for the highest resulotion HBO.com has.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

It will be interesting to see if the cast looks aged in general since we last saw them. Chianese turns 75 this month. Sirico is in his 60s, Van Zandt is in his mid/late 50s and so on.

Watching the S1 DVDs last week I was struck at how young the cast looked then.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The first thing I noticed about AJ was the long hair, which in a few clips is much longer than seen in that poster above.

todd stone

Screenwriter
Does anyone else when watching the older seasons, just skip right through the DR Melfi scenes? I feel she always dragged the whole show down.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Dr. Melfi was hot, and an integral part of the show as far as I was concerned. I don't know how I'd feel about her parts if I go back and watch as I haven't done that. Still, there's relatively few things that stick with you over time, and what goes between Tony and his doctor after she's assaulted is Good Stuff. I can see how that part of the show might be slowing things down for folks just interested in the ganster stuff, but it's the modern day "normal family life" stuff that makes The Sopranos what it is, IMO.

I think for today's audiences at large, The Sopranos provides the insights into a life most will never experience in the way that The Godfather did in its time. These are not Italian immigrants (for the most part). These are Americans of Italian ancestry (yes, only a slice), and they struggle with being Americans right along with everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks