What's new

****Sopranos Season 5 Season Guide (Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Some "friend" the snooty prick PhD-doctor who had audiences with 4 popes turned out to be to Carmella's dad. (Nothing like raining on the guy's 75th BD parade by denigrating the present Tony gave him - guess he's got to burst others' balloons in order to make himself higher/more important.)

This was another good episode that sets up the NJ-NY war further, with Tony B in the middle (largely b/c of his resentment of all that Tony S has that he doesn't).

Also, this episode had more Meadow, less AJ - which is certainly a good thing, too. ;)

Scott Giordano

Auditioning
Did anyone notice Carmella call Tony B. (Steve Buscemi) "Stevie" during one of the party scenes? Tony S. and I think Hugh were in the foreground talking and in the background Carmella asks "Stevie" to go and get something for her. Carmella and Tony B. are both visible in the scene, albeit in the background. Both my wife and I heard it (we're pretty sure) but we didn't record it so we couldn't go back and check.

Scott

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit

Take it one step further. Tony B. is extremely envious of what Tony S. and Meadow have. In a previous episode, he wondered how his own daughter would have turned out if he hadn't gone to jail. Add that to the fact that he seems to resent Tony S. on some level for being the one to get pinched and go to jail and you have the ingredients for a potential bomb that could explode at any time. His constant staring, IMHO, underscored that point and had nothing to do with sexual attraction (again, IMHO).

Great episode! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Good episode. :emoji_thumbsup: It'll be interesting to see how far Tony B. will go to get the "status" and prosperity that he desires.

I thought it was pretty funny when Hugh opened up the Beretta shotgun and they started talking about deer hunting. Sorry, but you don't hunt deer with a shotgun.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

You do with shotgun slugs or buckshot. After all, where do you think 'buck'shot got it's name? Legal almost everywhere and mandatory in some states that do not allow rifles, such as Massachusetts. So, yes you can and many people do hunt deer with a shotgun.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Can someone tell me if Tony B actually made the correct hit?
I thought he was supposed to take out some woman. That girl in the car (who had the name Heather I think) seemed like some random girl who was with the guy he shot. Didn't Frankie Vallie say "a woman'?

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I just remember Vallie saying "it's a friend of a friend, not a friend of ours".

Loved when Tony S had a hard time getting into the Maseratti and Johnny Sac commented on it and then Tony came right back with "How's your wife like the car?" and then Johnny was like "She loves it, but she can't take a ride, bad knees y'know" and Tony is just barely suppressing a grin.

Junior's sure getting a ton of quality comic material lately.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Good episode. :emoji_thumbsup: It's The Sopranos back at it's best, with a more even ratio of Mob Family to Real Family. And they've kindly introduced more NY wiseguys to be whacked at some later date. :)

James D

Second Unit
Tony B made the correct hit. Frankie Vallie said that the hit wasn't payback for Little Carmine's boat sinking, but it was for the murder of Lorraine. He said that Carmine and Lorraine went way back to their school days and that it was wrong to kill a woman.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I thought they were hiring Tony B to kill ol' neckbrace Phil....he runs that little crew that whacked Lorraine and her man, right?

todd stone

Screenwriter
so what happened to Paulie and Silv???

I grow tired of "missing people" in this show. It's OBVIOUS they would show up at this event, but they were nowhere to be found.

We saw christopher and Adrianna their in the background....

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Ol' neckbrace Phil is a captain, whacking a captain is WAY more serious than what they did last night.

Sil and Paulie aren't family and wouldn't really have a connection to Carmela's father. Christopher is family and has been to family dinners where Carmela's folks were present, etc.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Neckbrace Phil is a made guy. It is my understanding that you can't kill a made guy under normal circumstances. The person Tony B killed is probably not a made guy.

When there's a family war you start by eliminating the underlings (the ones who do the dirty work.) That sends a message. We saw something similar in a prior season when Paulie and Christopher whacked an underling who's name I can't think of at the moment. All I can remember is them chasing him firing bullets (not the Russian guy).

Steve

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Steve, I think you're thinking of the guy in the jogging suit that they chased into the woods. Wasn't he working for Junior?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Micheal (Christopher) was on the IMUS radio show this morning (I heard about it second hand).

He mentioned that the restaurant used for the meeting between Tony B, Frankie Valli, and Becker :) was in fact a real restaurant owned by Mr. Valli.

He also said that filming for Season 6 won't commence until March 2005. I'm guessing that means HBO won't start airing them around March 2006.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks