What's new

Sopranos Season 4 Review and Discussion Thread Shows 1-12 (1 Viewer)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
rumor has it the FBI agent gets involved with Christopher and Andrianna at Christopher's request.
I was hoping Danielle would have to engage in some hot GoG action with Adrianna at some point to maintain her cover. :) They can leave Christopher out of it.
Rob

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
What you say may be true, but I never heard of Enron in Sept of 2001, as I am sure most people hadn't. The whole Enron thing didn't become widely known until it was in jokes on Leno and Letterman, in Time magazine, etc. in the last 6 months. I don't think a character like Tony would be following Enron closely in the first couple months of the scandal, before the media was oversaturated with the story.
The only thing I remember of September 2001 was what happened on the 11th. Like I said, reports of accounting impropriety started appearing in August when Skilling resigned. Questions over how exactly Enron made its money began much earlier. Search the archived articles at BusinessWeek and Fortune and you'll find some prophetic words by analysts involving the word "implosion" at least as early as March 2001.

If Tony did not know that Enron's bubble was about to burst in most spectacular fashion, perhaps Tony meant something else when he said "I don't have those Enron-type connections." He said it in reply to Carmela who suggested investing in stocks instead of stuffing cash in a mattress (at "zero growth" she said), so he might have been referring to Enron's stock value, the fact that it had been trading at an extremely high multiple. Before Enron's stock went into decline in 2001, Enron was the darling of Wall Street. Tony would have loved to have gotten in on the ground floor on Enron's stock and then cashed out when it peaked at $90/share.

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
I just want to say, belatedly, it was SO cool to hear my hometown of Whippany (Danielle's supposed hometown) get name-dropped on the Sopranos!

Can't wait for Ep. 2 tmrw night!

Colin-H

Second Unit
My home town got namedropped, too... in the first funeral episode. Sadly, it was like it always is: "he was doin' time in Rahway".

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
I have a few ramblings...

1. Seems to me, if you would worry and check the mirrors, you would also be concerned with new people as well. It doesn't seem they give the same consideration to Danielle that they give to possible tails while driving.

2. Does this years hd broadcast (awesome on the 50H82 btw) give the producers/directors a different perspective on setting up shots in relation to the color and lighting?

3. Paulie seems pissed.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Ok,

I felt this show had some good points and bad points. For one, the scene with Tony and Meadow at the end of the show was by far the best scene between the two actors in the shows history. Powerful and emotional are 2 words that come to mind.

On a sour note, this whole Christopher and his drug problem is bothering me. Also the FBI agent coming out so quick just doesn't make any sense.... We'll 3 shows blown on that story line....

Also this Soprano Romance is something I can live with out. Tony should put her back on the bus!!!

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
Pardon me Vic, I should have let it be known this is my first year to receive the TimeWarner hd signal. I didn't know the show was already broadcast that way. In the future, I'll refrain from such drivel until I know the facts.

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
Major chunkage at that...

It seems Carmella is headed towards some type of payback for Tony's womanizing.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Diner? Wasn't that a Hooters? I thought I saw a hooters sign on the building.
I think Pete's referring to the diner where Notre Dame is discussed, although I can't figure out which Wayne diner it is...Pete and I have been to them all. :) As I pointed out earlier, that is a Hooter's, as far as I can tell, the one on Route 23 near the Willowbrook Mall also in Wayne.
The construction site featured in tonight's episode is in Secaucus on Meadowland Parkway (the overpass is Route 3), it's now an "Extended Stay America" or some such. I wasn't sure until they thanked Secaucus in the credits.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
David Chase is in danger of exceeding his quota for Betrayals. If he exceeds it the Sopranos will surprass the average number of "face turns" and betrayals found in anime or 1 year's worth of pro-wrestling storylines.

The Meadow v. Tony face off was very well acted, but it was a total rehash of the same confrontation found in the Bust Out episode.

Not to mention Ralphie+Janice is nothing but a (so far) highly predictable Richie+Janice Redux.

So far Season 4 is a mildly rearranged Season 2 with a few names scratched out and new ones written in.

Flipping Adriana on a possession charge. Sounds an awful lot like flipping Pussy on a heroin charge. I assume their goal in flipping her is to be able to re-insert Danielle. And they get the added bonus of Adriana's cooperation in getting Danielle into advantageous situations for the FBI. What I assume will happen is that Tony will try to seduce Danielle and somehow it will all come apart, leading to the dismissal of Christopher and Adriana in the finale.

Silvio's apparent disloyalty is really stretching my suspension of disbelief. Paulie's disloyalty stretched it some, but both of them? These are the same guys that went with Tony to confront and take care of Sal Bonpensiero.

You can't recapture the glory of the second season of the show by completely reprising it.

Oh, and the puking scene was way over the top.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Good Episode:emoji_thumbsup:
Highlights:
The Basketball game
Chunks on the bracelet
Tony and Meadow
Carmela and Furio
Silvio and Tony
Patsy and Christopher
Like I said, good episode.:)

Colin-H

Second Unit
Sil is the one guy I could never imagine flipping on Tony. I saw Silvio as loyal 'till the end. Paulie, sure, but not Silvio.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Good range on that spewage. And she was aiming for Agent Debbie. I wonder how many times the practical effects department had to adjust the air pressure on the chicken soup cannon to get it on the table and not in Agent Debbie's face.

Anyway, it's hard to tell where things are going this season. All of the characters are behaving strangely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks