What's new

Sony, where are the next sets for . . . (1 Viewer)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Roger, count me in with Dan*T, Aryn and Brent - TJ Hooker is fun. It is number one on my list of stalled or not released shows that I must have.

Plus I'd really like to see the last season, when it switched networks. I've never seen that one.

bond007

Auditioning
Real Name
john
add me to the list also. would love to see more family, it's just a great quality show, and also seasons 2-4 of vip, with pamela anderson. got hooked on that show when i picked it up in a buy one get one free sale at barnes and nobel last month.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'd love to see the rest of TJ Hooker come out. I love '80s shows. I'd like to thank Sony for getting all of Forever Knight out to us. There were times when I thought they would stop releasing the sets, especially after reportedly poor sales figures for season 1 in '03. I wish Sony would also put out the '80s shows "Street Hawk" if they own the rights to it, and the horror show "Werewolf". That was a cool show I had to watch in secret because it freaked my parents out. :)

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I too want Here Come The Brides Season 2-

It would be great to have that one complete- Only 2 seasons total!

Jack Cleveland

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm waiting for more Facts Of Life, but I am still pretty optimistic we'll see season 4 before the summer is over. I also hope Maude and One Day At A Time both sell well and not become "one and done" sets, that would suck, especially for ODAAT as that show doesn't really take off until season 2

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Facts of Life I don't worry about except for whether the movies won't be fouled up.

Diff'rent Strokes: losing patience and hope here.

227: At least release the season which won Jackée Harry her Emmy.

Barney Miller: Probably dead at this point, considering the shoddy work they did on season 1 I'm not surprised.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I emailed Sony about the remaining Partridge Family sets and got an email saying they havent scheduled their release yet. In other words they told me NOTHING.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I have tried contacting Sony's customer service line in the past only to find...

IT DOES NOT EXIST.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
how do you contact sony am from the UK so email would be best for me

also more season sets for
VIP - season 2+
Strong Medicine - Season 2+
Just Shoot Me - Season 3+
Steve Harvey Season Set - Rather than a best of
Ned & Stacey - Season 2
The Outer Limits (1995) - Season 2+
Party Of Five - Season 3+
The Nanny - Season 3+
Walker Texas Ranger - Season 3+
Mad About You - Season 4+
Married With Children - Season 7+
227 - Season 2+
Who's the Boss - Season 2+
Punky Brewster - Season 4
Archie Bunkers Place - Season 2+
Hart To Hart - Season 2+ and TV Movies
Facts Of Life - Season 4+
Diffrent Strokes - Season 3+
Fantasy Island - Season 2+
Charlie's Angels - Season 4+
Family - Season 3+

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
The Nanny - Season 3+
Who's the Boss? - Season 2+
Party of Five - Season 3+

These are the ones I desperately want. Out of those three shows, there's on 1 that I have hope for and that's The Nanny. I've basically given up on Who's the Boss? I hope that changes...though i'm not holding my breath.

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
The Sony show I would most like to see released is "Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer."

They put out the pilot movies last year, and now I'm hoping season sets will follow.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I would like to see Sony pick up the pace and release more of the following:

Hart to Hart
The Facts Of Life
All In The Family

Also more of Archie Bunker's Place and Hazel.

:)

Real Name
Ken
All in the Family has been a fairly annual release. I'm hoping they will include the 200th episode hosted by Norman Lear when that season 9 comes out. It hasn't aired in decades.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed on this one! Also, I'd like to see more of ``Fantasy Island,'' ``Who's the Boss,'' ``Charlie's Angels,'' and ``T.J. Hooker'' C'mon Sony, get with it! You're about the worst studio in terms of stringing this stuff out or seemingly abandoning shows. :angry:

Mary_P

Second Unit
Definitely hoping for "Here Come the Brides" S2. I'm very glad to have S1 -- but 'd rather have the complete series...!

Real Name
Ken
If there really isn't a market for some of these shows, the studio should get more creative in the packaging. The "best of" sets for Mad About You (which lead to a Season 3 release) and Larry Sanders were good starts. Presumably, they hope the minisodes online for the more dated shows will revive interest in them. Maybe they should do a 70s set of 70s shows, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks