What's new

Sony Wega KV-32DS20U No Sound (1 Viewer)

DineshM

Auditioning
I have a Sony Wega KV-32DS20U(PAL) which I brought over
from the UK when I emigrated to the US in 2000.
It's hooked up with a NTSC Sony VCR to pick up US cable channels. It has worked ok so far, both picture and surround sound were ok.
Now there is no sound coming at all from the TV Main Speakers, Surround Sound speakers or from Ear phones, the picture is still ok. My son accidentally pulled the plug out from the socket / or pulled the surround sound wire out while the TV was on.
When I go to the menu option there is no selection for Surround Sound in the Menu anymore.
I managed to get to the service menu but am at a lost at what settings to change to get the sound back.
Through the service menu I reset the TV back to the factory settings but still no sound.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dinesh

Stephen_Ri

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure the RCA(white and red) plugs from the VCR are connected correctly? I have a feeling when you reconnected it, you put the wires in the wrong place, and that why you get no sound. Make sure that on the VCR they are on OUT and on the TV they are on IN. Sometimes the three hookups are aligned horizontally, sometimes vertically. If that doesn't work, check the wire, although I think it is very unlikely that they are broken.

DineshM

Auditioning
I have checked and rechecked all audio connections from the VCR. Currently to get sound I have connected the VCR audio to my hi fi and sound is ok.
I feel it's a software setting on the Wega as the menu option for Surround Sound has disappered

It's as if the TV's software has crashed and lost all the previous settings

Dinesh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks