What's new

Sony vs Samsung vs LG (1 Viewer)

vikram404

Auditioning
Real Name
Vikram S
I am trying to decide betwee the following TV Models in the starting range of the 55 inch segment of 3D LED TVs. Please let me know your recommendation between the 3 models from each of the brands.

(I am mentioning the Asian Model names - I guess the models have similar names across countries.)

1. SONY KDL 55W800A
2. Samsung UA55F6400AR
3. LG 55LA6200

The main uses of the TV would be Blu-Ray Movie Watching, Watching video content from Media Players and occasional 3D Content. I might also buy a PS4 later this year - so bit of gaming as well.

Thanks in Advance,
Vikram

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I would go with the Sammy, but I admit I'm biased. Never cared for Sony HD TV's.

vikram404

Auditioning
Real Name
Vikram S
Thanks for the quick response.

Based on reading some online articles I gather that the SmartHub is not too useful - so essentially the Internet Services/features seem more of a gimmick than of real use on either brand. I've kind of eliminated LG now and still deciding between the Sony and Samsung.

When I saw the two TVs next to each other I felt the colors on the Sony looked richer...but maybe with some settings change on the Sammy I could get the same levels.

Is Micro-dimming on the Sammy a big differentiator? Any specific reason to go with Sammy (apart from the bias) :huh:

Richard V said:
I would go with the Sammy, but I admit I'm biased. Never cared for Sony HD TV's.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
For me, at least to my eye, the Sammy has a sharper, brighter picture than the Sony. Sony TV's have always looked a bit fuzzy. As far as the advice for the plasma, it's a personal choice. The plasma does have a rich color and just crushes blacks, better than anything else, but side by side, the LED has a brighter picture than plasma, and is more appealing to me. It's a personal choice, whatever looks best to your eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks