What's new

Sony to allow full resolution via component connections on their BluRay titles (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I didn't mean it shouldn't have the 1080P option.

Of course it should. Both formats and all players should.

All I meant is that it's depressing to the 95% of current HDTV owners who can't make use of the option. I didn't say the option shouldn't be available.

Add to this downressing to 80% or so of current HDTV owners without HDMI, and it sucks even more.

I bought my tv 12 months ago, so luckily have the HDMI option.

But, many HDTV owners have every right to be upset. Many people who bought an HDTV to begin with did so for HDTV options. Yet, now they are being told that they won't be able to make use of the options they specifically bought the tv for to begin with.

Not saying this will happen for sure right away, but it probably will eventually happen just as regional coding did.

It's almost in a way punishing everyone who paid more for HDTV's and started the market of HDTV buying to begin with.

Let's face it. Before 80% of the population upgrades their next tv, another format will be available. Most people except diehards would never keep replacing their tv's. It really is insane to expect people to replace a tv every couple years. Most people I know still have their tv from 10-20 years ago.

By the time I upgrade my tv 3-5 years from now, who cares if current players use this option? Chances are in 3-5 years, players will be cheaper, much better in options, and provide better video/audio quality. Same as the tv's.

To anyone who buys a 1080P tv (which still aren't even really all that available), it will be a great option to use now.

But, it does suck to us who don't have a 1080P option at all. That's all I meant. Not that the players shouldn't have the option.

By the time I have a 1080P tv, I most likely wouldn't be using a 1st gen. player, so the option for me is useless. That's all I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks