What's new

Sony STR-DH720 945W 7.1 Channel 3D Receiver (1 Viewer)

Rochanda Carroll

Auditioning
I'm going to purchase the Sony STR-DH720 945W 7.1 Channel 3D Receivertoday. I have the whole video quality up to par but now I'm trying to get my audio quality up to par. Currently I have 5 speakers that came with my old "cheap" system (2 surround back, 2 surround front and 1 center). i dont know how many watts these speakers can handle considering the previous receiver has 5.1 channels. should i purchase new speakers or additional speakers? any recommedations?

sidenote: I dont know any details regarding the old paramax receiver, it was handed down to me over 4 years ago.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Paramax(if that is what these speakers are) is garbage.

You don't need to "match watts"...cause watts isn't overtly relevant. That AVR is not going to produce more than 40x5 anyway...so you can ignore that 135 watt rating.

Besides, there is no way that AVR pulls 2000 watts off the wall(it would need to pull 2000 to have 945 to send to speakers). So, ignore the bloated bogus BS.

Rochanda Carroll

Auditioning
Gotcha!! Unfortunately, the speakers are Paramax. I think what ill do is keep the speakers i have until i find a good deal on better quality speakers. Any suggestions on decent speakers/subwoofer?

Users who are viewing this thread