1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony STR DG820 receiver sound problems.. protecter shut down.. low volume on voices

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by vetteman, Apr 7, 2012.

1. vetteman

vetteman New Member

After over 2 months of fighting with this unit and listening to everyone including Sony, I found out it is a common issue with this unit. If you bought less then 30 days ago, take it back and buy another brand. Believe me, it is nothing that you have done wrong. I thought that it was everything else but the unit and I tried every setting, changed speaker wire, you name it. And all I did was go beyond the point of the 30 return policy to take the unit back to buy a REAL receiver of another brand. If it's been more then 30 days, call Sony and ask where the nearest repair shop is. That is a lot faster (I've heard), then sending it in to Texas for repair for 2 months. Not everyone repairs Sony and I had to drive over 50 miles to take it to the nearest location to me( so by the time I pick it up and take it home, it will cost me $30 to $40.00). If you are reading this because you are trying to decide which receiver to buy for your home, try anyone else.