What's new

Sony Stalling Some Classic Shows: Why Sony Why? (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Kasey said:
I guess these decisions are made on a 'return-on-investment' basis. TimeLife figures there is a large demand for The Midnight Special. Shout turned down Maude about four years ago because the music was deemed too costly for the expected sales. But then again, they actually lost money on S5 of The Facts of Life yet a Complete Series set is forthcoming. I still pray we'll eventually see the same for Maude. The series has gotten alot of exposure and new fans since 2010 thanks to Antenna TV's airing of the show.
I'm curious. Where did you get your information that they lost money on S5 of The Facts Of Life?I see that is still listed on Amazon, indicating that additional sales are possible (and therefore additional contributions towards its bottom line).

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hasn't the Midnight Special been sold before on a direct to home basis? If this isn't an all new release, perhaps the music was previously cleared.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
David Weicker said:
I'm curious. Where did you get your information that they lost money on S5 of The Facts Of Life?I see that is still listed on Amazon, indicating that additional sales are possible (and therefore additional contributions towards its bottom line).
A Shout rep stated so on their old message board a few years ago when asked by fans why they hadn't released further seasons.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I thought the story with The Facts of Life was troubles with Sony that were keeping them from licensing additional seasons? That's how I remember it, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks