What's new

Sony SACD Playback Trouble - Help Please. (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I have a Sony DVP-NS755V which I purchased a couple of years ago for its SACD capability. I have had no problems playing SACD's - until now. I should note that my previous experience with SACD have all been hybrids.

Yesterday, I was able to pick up a copy Miles Davis: Kind of Blue very cheap and I couldn't wait to hear it. When I attempted to run it, however, I was unable to get an audio signal to feed through my stereo (2-channel), but it was running through the TV. I did play around the Sony's settings trying both the 2-CH and Multi-Channel configurations and still I could get nothing to work.

Any thoughts for this ignorant soul would be greatly appeciated. :b

StephenB

Grip
Hi Jeff_A --

I have the same problem with my copy of Kind Of Blue in my Sony DVD/SACD player. Sometimes, it just cannot recognize the disc. I get a brief "CANNOT" message on the machine's display, then it moves to the next disc (it's a 5-disc carousel).
I've tried cleaning the disc, playing it only on Tuesdays, whatever. It's very unreliable. I don't have this problem with any other disc.
So I have to assume it's a defect with the disc, or a combination of unknown factors that result in an incompatibility problem with the player and this particular disc.

That said -- I don't think this remaster is particularly good. The bass is GONE. Sounds like they forgot to add the +10 db. The rest of it sounds superb, though.

Users who are viewing this thread