What's new

Sony releasing Night of the Creeps in October! (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Michael Felsher, of Red Shirt Pictures has confirmed Sony will be releasing NOTC as a Director's Cut special edition in October. Just a little something to put a smile on our faces in this time of sorrow. Actually, this put a huge smile on MY face when I read it. Yay!

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure it's a given Tom Atkins will feature on a running commentary. Especially so since Creeps is his personal favourite genre picture.

Nice to hear it will be a director's cut with the superior graveyard ending. I doubt they'll drop the theatrical climax from the disc, it's bound to be included in some form or another.

And I hope some of the (studio or MPAA) curtailed exploding head gore gags will be extended, if the footage has survived...

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
This is one of the last Laser Disc's i have, that need a DVD to replace it. I also hope we get both cuts of the movie.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

It's not even an altered climax -- it's basically the last shot of the movie that's different.

The lame "dog zombie" which the studio insisted Dekker shoot as a cheap scare is going to be in the supplemental section apparently. And we'll get the much more satisfying ending (without the heroine getting infected and the spaceship overhead) from the TV version instead.

As much as I usually campaign for theatrical edits to be included on Director's Cut DVDs, this isn't some later "rethinking" of the movie -- it's how Dekker always had the movie ending, and personally I have no problem with that. Like a lot of fans he hated the dog zombie last shot too, which I always felt was one of the only elements in the movie that didn't work (it was a really cheap way of ending the film IMO). Now with it replaced with the original conclusion, I think the movie has a chance to really be re-evaluated as one of the most entertaining sci-fi/comic horror films of the decade.

Now, there were some other alternate takes in the TV cut, so if they're being restored also, then I suppose the theatrical cut should be included separately. If it's just the ending, personally I can't see how most fans would prefer the zombie dog over Dekker's intended finish.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
MGMHD has been playing this movie this month. I have heard many things about the movie, but never seen it. I have it on my dvr.
not sure if its the directors cut or theatre version.. most likey the theatre version.

Jacob

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
oh crap.. I was thinking of another movie. my mistake.. sorry about the confusion.

Jacob

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
MGMHD was showing NIGHT OF THE COMET - lol - very different film.

HDNET MOVIES has shown this movie, but only the theatrical version. Sci-Fi has shown the alternate TV edit with different takes and some additional scenes as well as the alternate ending. I hope this new disc will replace the anamorphic widescreen version I made from the HDNET broadcast and the additional scenes I included as a supplement - lol

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Very, very happy about this! Tom Atkins at his best, and one of the most enjoyable 80s horror flicks. I'm betting both endings will be there, but the cemetery ending is better by far. Thrill me!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
So now we have Midnite Movies from Sony
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks