What's new

Sony KP-46WT500 tweaks (1 Viewer)

now that I've got the document and glanced through it a few questions:
1) what is the difference between model ws and wt?
2) have those how used this just doing the service menu tweaks and not physically opening up the set (not about to do that) noticed picture improvement?
3) how badly can I f things up with this (considering I have never owned an rptv before and haven't messed around with the service menus of any tv)?
4) will calibrating with avia alone negate using these tweaks or should these be done as well as an avia calibration?

Thanks much! And forgive my newbness

ChipFiev

Grip
1) I don't know. It could just depend on what store is selling the set to a completely different model.

2) I've really only done the red tweak and the manual convergence and I'm very happy with the improvement - especially the manual convergence. I'm sure that I could also gain some improvement with some manual focus work, but I think that getting to 95% perfect for free is good enough.

3) Hmmm...I'm not sure. I figure doing convergence is pretty safe, especially since I did a flash focus after doing convergence work and I lost my changes. :) I didn't write the document...people just keep asking me for it.

4) Avia will only work to calibrate your color and sharpness from the menus...the service menu tweaks are a whole different story. I've done both, and I'm really happy with the set.

Hope this helps...but remember, all of my above answers could be worth exactly what you paid for them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks