What's new

Sony google tv 40" along with a panosonic Sa-pt960 and ps3 wont play sound (1 Viewer)

nycmacman

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle
Hi all im new to this forum, I recently purchased an outdated Google tv along with a Sa-Pt96, im running an optical cable from the surround sound to the back of the tv, Along with the surround sound being connected with an hdmi cable. The ps3 is running through an hdmi cable as well. The only way i get sound through the surround sound is if i put a dvd in the home theater, it dosent play sound from the ps3 or the tv cable.Any ideas sorry im new to this.
Thanks in advance!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are you attempting to use the TV as your "HDMI hub"?
As you will need to read the manual on this HTiB to see if it has DPL(it probably does). The difference will be "what sound modes" are usable on digital input.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Possible things you need to do to this TV...
"Out of the box" the digital output isn't "hot". You have to turn it on.
Somewhere in audio set-up you'll see...
Internal speakers on/off.
Turn them off.
Also, you might have a choice between fixed/variable audio output.
Choose fixed.
If you don't have a choice, turn the volume up.
If you've been through that set-up...it is a common "thought process" to turn the speakers off...then turn the volume down. Very easy to think that is the correct way...but no. If you don't have a "fixed" setting...you have to turn the volume up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks