1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Expands Its 4K Ultra HD TV Line

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kevin Collins, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins Owner, from The Other Washington
    Owner

Kevin Collins
    Sony today announced the expansion of its 4K Ultra HD TV line-up with the addition of the X850A series, available in 55- and 65-inch screens (models XBR-55X850A and XBR-65X850A). The new X850A series screens incorporate a slim bezel and offers an alternative to the existing X900A series (models XBR-55X900A and XBR-65X900A), which features Sony's magnetic fluid speakers.

Sony also touts their new exclusive 4K X-Reality PRO chip technology which is supposed to enhance HD (and lower resolution) images by analyzing and refining images. Anything that "enhances" makes me skeptical about the actual value add. I haven't come across a projector of HDTV that I haven't needed to turn of every enhancement to get the best picture quality.

The new Sony XBR-55X850A (55-inch) and XBR-65X850A (65-inch) will be available this month through Sony Stores and select authorized retailers nationwide for $4,199 and $5,699 respectively.