What's new

Sony E3 Press Conference, 6PM Monday, 6/10 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the "third parties decide DRM" stance is the same as, basically, the one-time use online game passes. MS is integrating it at a system level, whereas Sony is more or less leaving things as they were.

I have to say that, while I am 100% in Sony's camp and think they did a fantastic job and I like their offering way more, MS is really thinking a few steps ahead here. If you remove the semi-unreal concerns about privacy with Kinect, have a stable internet connection that your console is always connected to, and don't worry about how much money you spend on games, then there really is no problem with the Xbox One. The big issue is that those things don't enhance features but are requirements. I'm disappointed that Sony didn't emphasize how those things could be features that make the PS4 better, but rather just said "we're keeping things on PS4 nearly the same as on PS3, but with prettier graphics."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Huh. Sony is the cheaper option. Huh.

I know people love their PS2 and PS3, but I was not a fan. But in contrast to the Xbox One price and restrictions, maybe I need to look more seriously at the PS4.

Or maybe I skip the whole thing and buy a new iPad :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks