1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony DVP-NS975V?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Greg Labate, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Greg Labate

Greg Labate Well-Known Member

Sony DVP-NS975V?
    Anyone have this yet? Looks great - SACD and HDMI/DVI. At Good Guys for $299. Anyone compare it to the Denon 1910?

2. MikeWestdal

MikeWestdal Member

I just got the player you mentioned. It plays movies and CD's great. The remote is easy to use. No problems. I also tried the Yamaha DVDS 1500 too, and while the sound and picture were fine, I did not like the remote, it was hard to use and kinda cheap. The on screen set-up was not intuitive like the Sony. Good luck.

3. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Well-Known Member

4. EricRWem

EricRWem Well-Known Member

Adrik
    I think this player and the Panny s97 are both excellent and going to duke it out quite well for the "king of the under $500" club. [​IMG]

5. MikeWestdal

MikeWestdal Member

On Thursday, November 25, my Sony NSV975 stopped playing DVD's and CD's. The player would lock up and the door open/close function would stop or be slow. DVD/CD data was not displayed in the player data window. I think it was a software glitch. Otherwise, the player was great for DVD/CD's. I wanted it to work out. After many phone calls and 300 miles later, I up traded for a black Denon 2910. The Denon is truly an amazing player for me. I really love the sound and bass the player puts out. Thanks for reading.
    mw, stkn, ca.