What's new

Sony BDP-BX1 Problem (1 Viewer)

cbubnick

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
My father won this product over a year ago at a company party. After over a year of it sitting in the box I decided to hook it up (I have a PS3 so I didn't need a blu-ray player but decided to see how it worked.) I started watching 300 on blu-ray and in the middle of the movie the disc froze. I waited 2 minutes to see if it would get back on track but it didnt work. I tried to skip to the next scene but the player wasnt responding. I waited a couple more minutes and decided to just unplug the player.

After I did that, the player doesnt read discs anymore. I tried using blu-ray discs and regular dvds, and the display says "No Disc". Knowing that the product was out of warranty I decided to open it up and see if the lens was stuck. I opened it up and moved the lens, but after putting it back together, I was still getting the same problem. Anyone have any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

benjamink

Second Unit
Real Name
Benjamin
One thing you can do is to add the BDP-BX1 to the product by clicking on HT Gear & Movies above then Add Item. Once the product is imported into HTF, there's a much greater liklihood that other's with the same product will find you! sometimes posts get lost in the shuffle.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I believe that the BDP-BX1 is the Costco version of the BDP-S350. I would recommend checking out the owners’ thread at AVS Forums: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1046952

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks