What's new

Sony 34XBR800 Box (1 Viewer)

Neil Nimmo

Auditioning
This question may seem weak, but I have this huge Sony 34XBR800 box that the TV came in taking up a decent amount of space in my rather open basement. The box is currently too large to fit in my attic. I bought the tv on 11/15.

My question is - what would be the reason to keep the box? Will I ever need to ship it somewhere if it needs service or would someone come on location? What about after the warranty runs out? I do not plan on returning the TV, as it has been over 30 days (coupled with the fact that I love the TV). Should I break the box down to store in my attic in case I ever need the box for some reason?

Thanks.

MattJP

Agent
I am obsessive about all of my boxes...I have an entire room in the upstairs of my house dedicated entirely to boxes. I never throw them out. I dont know why I keep them all, I guess I just figure...what if I sell it, or I move it. The box sure would be nice to have in the event of a move.

for what it's worth
-Matt

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
You don't envision the possibility of moving during the lifetime of the tv? selling? -> 10 years?

Neil Nimmo

Auditioning
I do envision moving within 10 years but I do not think I would need the box to move it. I figured I could wrap it in a blanket and set it gently in the back of the UHaul. I figure if I move in 10 years, having to keep the box around (not broken down) for that long is just something I do not want to have to do. The box would be an ugly site in my basement for that time. If it would fit in my attic opening, it would be a no-brainer.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Break it down and store it. Always best to keep the shipping cartons and the styrofoam packing material.

Jamie^MEE

Auditioning
Just out of curiosity, anyone know the dimensions of the 34XBR800 box? The TV should be delivered this week, and I'm a little concerned re: the width of a doorway...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks