What's new

Sons Of Anarchy: Season Five (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
Surprising this thread doesn't have any replies.
What a fantastic season opener! And the previews for the upcoming season leave me very excited to see how the show progresses.
This is my second favorite series after Breaking Bad - hopefully the BB withdrawals will be temporarily satiated by SoA!

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
The scene with
Jimmy Smits hammering Katey Segal was surely an eye opener not to mention the "Olsen Twins" comment :D, this/his new character looks interesting! .
Great Start

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was a very good start to the season. The Niners and Pope seem like they'll be a good/scary enemy since they're not bound by law (like the ATF or the RICO investigation in previous years) and have already shown that they'll burn your children alive while you watch.
Also, they better not kill off Unser.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by NolanJ /t/323657/sons-of-anarchy-season-five#post_3973951
hopefully the BB withdrawals will be temporarily satiated by SoA!

That's exactly what I was thinking, as I was getting ready to watch the season premiere. I enjoyed the season opener very much, even if the ending was just tough to watch.

After killing Piney last season, it was interesting to see Clay basically taking his place.

NolanJ

Second Unit
TravisR said:
Yeah, it was a very good start to the season. The Niners and Pope seem like they'll be a good/scary enemy since they're not bound by law (like the ATF or the RICO investigation in previous years) and have already shown that they'll burn your children alive while you watch.
Also, they better not kill off Unser.
I'm wondering if the new "recruits" are Clay's boys and that's why they beat on Unser. Clay taking precautions to keep his club and get rid of 'witnesses'?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
TravisR said:
I could be crazy but it looked like one of the guys beating on Unser had a prostethic leg or foot.
He did. I do not recall seeing anyone with that in previous episodes.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Hope this thread will get going as the season progresses. Such a fantastic show.
What do you think will happen in prison? Think any of the Sam Crow members die?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The tease sure seems to head towards one of the Sons dieing. I love the fact that Opie decked the sheriff to watch Jax's back. It seems like Juice isn't even in the show anymore, but considering the story arc last season that is understandable. Had to really LOL when Tig busted in on his daughter being "murdered" by her boyfriend....awkward.....

Clay has got something up his sleeve - no way he has all of a sudden turned into a doddering old geezer...

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Who was the guy in the car looking at the documents from Clay's safe? Is it a mystery or are we supposed to know already? I'm liking this season so far but I gotta say I have no idea where this Pope character came from aside from his daughter being killed by Tig. Between these two things, I'm a bit confused by what is going on.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Carl Miller said:
Who was the guy in the car looking at the documents from Clay's safe? Is it a mystery or are we supposed to know already?
It's the nomads that they voted into their charter last week. That also pretty much confirms that they are acting under Clay's orders.
I'm liking this season so far but I gotta say I have no idea where this Pope character came from aside from his daughter being killed by Tig.
They might have mentioned Pope a long time ago but it seems safe to assume that he's a founding member of the One-Niners and that he's so far removed from the streets that he's making legitimate money (in addition to the tons of cash he's probably getting from the Niners).

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by RichM /t/323657/sons-of-anarchy-season-five#post_3980347
Episode "Laying Pipe"
Just gut wrenching!
Yeah - holy shit I was hoping that was not going to happen. I am beginning to really hate Gemma btw...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was rough watching that episode. I can't wait to see where they go and what happens when SAMCRO gets a hold of Pope and Jax gets that guard.
Gemma had the line of the night with the "His Whore Friday" line. :)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
For some reason, I have a hard time believeing that Pope himself will be the target. The guys seems too untouchable. I'm not saying that SAMCRO isn't going to make him (more) miserable, I just don't think he personally will be the target of SAMCRO revenge.

Seems like Tig better start getting his things in order though....

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ChristopherG said:
For some reason, I have a hard time believeing that Pope himself will be the target.  The guys seems to untouchable.  I'm not saying that SAMCRO isn't going to make him (more) miserable, I just don't think he personally will be the target of SAMCRO revenge.
I thought basically the same thing after posting last night. Even if they kill Pope, the Niners would just come to Charming and kill every Son they see in revenge. I have to imagine that by the end of the season, they're going to at least get out of paying Pope half of their cocaine muling money.
I love that SOA works in a similar way to The Shield where the writers bury the characters in some kind of crazy hole that seems impossible to get out of and somehow the writers and characters figure out a believable way out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks