What's new

Sons of Anarchy S2 (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Fantastic season premiere. Kept the tension from season 1 at a slow boil, and then added a huge wrench in the works. The dynamics of the show are as interesting as ever. Not a lot to say, except the premiere was worth the long wait. The actors are comfortable with the characters, as are the writers. Should be a great season.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
WOW! That was one hell of a season opener! I knew were it was headed but it still left me speechless.

This is a great show!

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
WOW, this is now inching past Dexter on my must watch list...didn't expect the ending, should be some fine full out ass kicking war coming up!!!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I am really digging this season! I can see some a$$ kicking come down the line.

I saw nothing wrong with the shock value. I can already see how the event is hitting this hard woman....... Time will tell on how and if Clay finds out about this...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Having Jemma get raped was shocking but I don't think it was done for shock value. It's going to be something that plays out for the rest of the season (and probably have lingering effects for the rest of the series) rather than something that happened just to shock or sicken the audience and then be forgotten about an episode later.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Travis..

I agree... I think it is going to be really interesting on how her character handles this in future episodes. We have already seen some of it when, Clay leaned down and tried to kiss her. She backed up.

I think this will prove to be a real character builder for her. If it is done right.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode. Although I'm not liking the interaction between Jax and Clay. The acting seems forced - not real. I don't mind where that story is headed though and it will be interesting to see how Jax takes the throne. Also interesting is how Opie is leaning towards Clay's side.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I just got into SoA this season, so I have a couple of 'big picture' questions.

1 - Do we know how much FX is committed to the series? Is it getting single season orders? I have not seen the ratings, but I would like to see it last well past this season.

2 - Have the creators mentioned any sort of plan for the series? Sort of like Lost - if they know the ultimate end and how long they have to get there sort of thing.

3 - While some of the guys (Jax for one) are likeable, can the show really have a happy ending? SAMCRO is not exactly the good guys, though obviously they are in terms of the focus of the show.

4 - Do they do one major storyline for the season, or can we expect everything with Zobelle to be resolved (except for the consequences of course) in a few episodes?

Some story-specific thoughts:
- Opie has to find out at some point that Clay wanted him dead. To me, I think that means Opie will probably end up dead, though he may get Trigg before he goes.
- More has to happen with the guy in jail whose wife was skimming, right?
- Did they mention last night that some foreign guys were coming when the Sons were picking up the guns? Could be setting up a later story.
- Can't imagine Gemma keeping the rape secret too much longer. Would think that she will get justice, but how can that not come back on SAMCRO?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Do we know how much FX is committed to the series? Is it getting single season orders? I have not seen the ratings, but I would like to see it last well past this season."

Good question. Im new to the show myself and might no invest if theres a chance it wont continue. People seem to like the show though.

I thought the season opener was weaker than the 2 episodes that followed it.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by TravisR

Having Jemma get raped was shocking but I don't think it was done for shock value. It's going to be something that plays out for the rest of the season (and probably have lingering effects for the rest of the series) rather than something that happened just to shock or sicken the audience and then be forgotten about an episode later.
----------------------------------------------

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't offended by it, I just don't see how it fits in with any sort of reality. Normally, I watch TV with reality suspended, but SOA takes great care to provide a realistic picture of life in a criminal motorcycle club, and raping the leader's wife isn't going to make the club go away, run away in fear, back down, back off or divide it as Adam Arkin and his group want.

It is almost certainly going to bring the club together (specifically Jax and Clay) if even just temporarily and lead to some showdown...which makes the Jemma rape completely nonsensical. Since Arkin's group is being built up as very powerful, well financed and skillfully operated, it is not realistic to suggest it would actually think raping Jemma would accomplish their goal.

So, it seems to me that the writers got lazy, veered away from the reality they normally try very hard to maintain, and presented the viewer with a shocking event that gets people talking and as a bonus conveniently provides some easy and predictable sub plots to weave into the story.

Again, I don't usually pick apart TV like this, but the writing for this show has clearly changed between last season and this, and while still enjoyable, not for the better....Even this weeks episode, seriously....are bounty hunters going to kidnap a member of a motorcycle gang, leave a witness to ID their vehicle and actually stop a few miles down the road to wait for the rest of the gang to catch up to them?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Well, the wheels are in motion for Dax to take the club, Clay knows he's been talking to the cop about Opie's wife. We'll see how the sides true up soon.

I wonder how it's all going to go down.

The FBI lady showing up seemed awful sudden, so much so that I rewound to see if I missed a scene. I did think that Dax might take the deal she offered.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Naw, Jax (Dax is still on DS9 somewhere) would never give in to the ATF woman, he showed in the Mayan club how dedicated he was to the club to take a bullet in the head over taking off the club colors. He summed up the interview scene in a chilling way when he asked her if she had heard from the abusive exboyfriend agent from last season, noting how dangerous it was to be ATF. He left no doubt in her mind who done him in, thou she would never be able to prove it.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Anyone still watching this show? I admit, I've been behind on the show, as I've been following this season on Hulu, after watching the 1st season on DVD. I just love how the show is able to put some of the elements from Hamlet into this show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think the show is excellent. I haven't seen last night's episode but it was 90 minutes (so important stuff must have happened) and it's getting some really good critical buzz today.

Apparently, the show is doing very well ratings-wise too. Up a couple million this season.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
A great season finale, and glad to hear it is coming back for a 3rd season.

Agent Stahl does it again, setting the wheels in motion to mess with SAMCRO, in 2 ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks