What's new

Songs you love by bands you hate (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I like Stayin Alive, but it's best when it is sped up 10% like in Airplane! Gotta love the commentaries. :)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Good call on REM, a group I could never deal with but I really like "Everybody Hurts".

Also:

"Alabama Getaway" by the Dead.

"Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull.

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator

Oh, yeah. Tull. The perfect band for this discussion. I HATE them with all my heart, but in a quiet moment I'll admit that "Teacher" is a great song. I attribute it to the fact that they made something like 2,476 albums, and they were bound to have at least one decent tune buried in that avalanche of crap.

But really, Tull has no redeeming qualities. None. That guy's voice... ugh.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

That's pretty funny!

My brother saw Tull in the '70s and said it was horrible to watch "this long haired freak hopping around in tights, playing a flute". And he actually liked the music!

Thought of another one too.

"Hurricane" by Bob Dylan. I wouldn't walk across the street to see him for free. Brilliant maybe, but to me he sounds like a beehive. Great song though.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I think Dave Matthews's voice is really annoying, but for some reason, I really like the Oakenfold Remix of When The World Ends that's on the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack. Maybe his voice is better suited for techno. :)

George See

Second Unit
I absolutly can't stand Dave Matthews, however the song he fronted the Blue Man Group on I just love that song. Does that count? Hrmm maybee not.

There's an instrumental track on the Dixie Chicks newest album that I love all kinds of banjo solos and fiddles it's good stuff, I hate the Dixie Chicks though.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
KISS - Detroit Rock City Great driving rhythm and a fine melody from a band I generally despise.
DOORS - (Post-Jim Morrison) Tightrope Ride Builds nicely and leaves me feeling good.
FOREIGNER - Two songs, actually: I Want To Know What Love Is and Waiting For A Girl Like You Just about their only two ballads (up to 1984) and the only songs of theirs I like.
MADONNA - Oh Father
QUEENSRYCHE - Silent Lucidity
RICKY MARTIN - She's All I Ever Had
LOU REED - Set the Twilight Reeling
BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS - Valentine's Day and And When I Die
God, this could go on forever...

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
In general, I like some of the one hit wonders I hear on the radio, I hear there other stuff, and say, 'ugh'...

I would say, some of the 'signature' songs on most new rap CD's are pretty good, but the rest is filler so they can sell the CD for $15.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Creed - What If

Absolutely despise this band, they really suck brown donkey poo. But for some reason I listen to that song when I hear it on the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks