What's new

Somebody help me out here. (re: SciFi Channel's new "slate") (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
This was too funny (or disgusting) to pass up.

Please look over the following "slate" at the provided URL's and tell me at least some of them are due to April Fool's Day pranks:

SciFi Wire: "SCI FI Gets Real"

dateline: April 2, 2003, 9:00 a.m.

A "re-envisioning" of both versions of The Thing and what looks like a "rip-off" of The Ring (both versions)? Have they anything left to do worth doing?

I was laughing so hard at some of titles alone---forget about the summaries---that I couldn't believe they're serious. Are they?

It's scary not to be able to tell.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, as I said in the "Stargate: Atlantis" thread, it's tough to find any science fiction in there. Most of these, I think, are just pilot presentations, so it's not like they'll all actually be seen (notice there's little if any casting mentioned).

It's worth noting that most of the series are X-Files wannabes, shows that don't require much in the way of elaborate sets or effects work and are set in the present day. (Remember that Boston Globe article, where Hammer wanted new shows "accessible"?)

There are not-terrible ideas in here - "Life On Mars" could be interesting (although they'll never simulate low gravity), and I must admit that Dead Lawyers may be fun if they come up with a good fantasy world/backstory, rather than just make The Guardian and just tell you that the main character is dead.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Wow, what a great lineup. I'm a fan of Sci-Fi and ALL of that looks worthy to watch for me. :D

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Jason Seaver wrote (post #2):

Even with the accompanying "grinny", I'm not sure whether you're serious or not.

I honestly couldn't tell whether they were playing an April Fool's Day prank on the readers of the SciFi Wire Website, so I wanted to get others' opinions of it. Too bad they are apparently serious.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Even with the accompanying "grinny", I'm not sure whether you're serious or not.
Hey I'm the one with 2 $80 4' by 8' Ecks vs Sever banners hanging in my HT and Resident Evil and Equilibrium in my Top10 of all time.

Now you know I'm serious. :D

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Lets see they are remaking Battlestar Galactica and they are remaking the Thing and made a TV show out of an OK movie Tremmors and a spinoff of Stargate???

Hmmm. They gave Farscape up for this???????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks