What's new

Some updated pics of the HT (1 Viewer)

Travis

Second Unit
Here are some newer pics of the never ending project. :D

Repainted the concession area and installed a concession window. Need to finish staining the bar.

Another shot of the entrance with new paint. Really need new carpet.

Lower angle front pic

Behind first row of seats

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Looks good. I am always looking for ideas to steal. How big of a space did you convert (square footage)? Thanks.

Travis

Second Unit

That actual theater room is smaller than I would have liked. It is 10'6x24x9. I sure would have liked it to have been a few feet wider for seating purposes. The 9 foot ceiling sure make it feel bigger than it is, but sure makes pj mounting a pain, lol. The concession area is about 20x20.

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
My space is approximately 19 x 15 x 8. I was unsure at first if my would work, but seeing yours gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

Travis

Second Unit
19x15 should work out great. I would take those dimensions over mine any day. The rear seats would be right against the wall but who cares about them anyway.:D

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Agreed on that one. :laugh: But I believe I am going to go with a sectional with recliners.

Real Name
Dave Rinker
Travis, I love your concession stand. In fact, I made a bar several years ago that looks just like it that I was thinking of converting into a concession stand. All I would need to do is cut an opening into the front and place glass within. My theater I am currently constructing is the same size as yours 10' 6" X 24'.

Where in your theater is the concession stand located? Also, how many rows of seats do you have?

Thank You,
Dave

Travis

Second Unit
My concession stand is actually outside the main theater room. I have 2 rows of seats. The front row is a 2 seat recliner. The rear of the theater steps up to a riser where there is another couch in the back. I actually have room for four seats in the rear but haven't gotten around to purchasing them (for the price of theater seating I can buy myself a lot more theater items that will make a bigger improvement). I can actually add a 3rd row but it would be against the back wall and would have to be elevated pretty high. Not to mention a 96" screen would be pretty small at that distance.

Here are the complete pics from the build. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...lane1k&x=0&y=0

Real Name
Dave Rinker
So, I take it the door in the second picture leads into the home theater and the audio/video equipment and concession stand are outside.

Mytheater is 10' 6" X 24' with an additional 3' X 8' section off to the side. I was planning of closing this off to be the equipment room, but after seeing your concession stand I may use that space for that instead. I can always find another area for the audio/video equipment.

Thank you for the reply. I agree, you can improve your theater so much more in other areas than by buying additional seating. I just bought 4 rocker / recliners at a Lazy Boy going out of business sale for only $299 each. Much cheaper than buying expensive home theater seating. I could always build side tables for drinks and snacks.

Travis

Second Unit
You got it. You can't have a theater without a concession stand, lol. The theater seating will be the last thing I upgrade. I actually just sold my Panny 900 to be replaced by ________. I have some Buttkickers on their way (miss the shaking feeling after putting sub on insulated riser), as well as some GIK acoustic panels. I should actually be spending money to replace the ugly pink carpet that is in this room when I bought the house. :D

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Travis,

Tell me you don't actually charge your guests for popcorn and pop! :laugh:

Looks Good!

David

Travis

Second Unit
Of course. I figure in another 500 yrs I can have the theater costs recouped by my profit on pop and candy sales. The only problem is my dang guests keep trying to sneak in snacks :D

Dave, I have been drooling over your theater for quite some time. Excellent job.

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Great job!

I love the bar mods. Gives a real movie theater feel.

Makes me wish I had a dedicated home theater.

Enjoy, as I am sure you will!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks