What's new

International SOME UNIVERSAL SCI-FI FROM KOCH MEDIA IN GERMANY (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Classic Horror Film Board has posted information about several 50's Universal Sci-Fi titles that are coming from Germany.

1. TARANTULA
2. MONOLITH MONSTERS

From what I gather, TARANTULA will include both 1.33:1 and 1.85:1.

EITj0wh.jpg

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Dick said:
Classic Horror Film Board has posted information about several 50's Universal Sci-Fi titles that are coming from Germany.

1. TARANTULA
2. MONOLITH MONSTERS

From what I gather, TARANTULA will include both 1.33:1 and 1.85:1.

EITj0wh.jpg
I have Monolith Monsters ready to ship from Amazon Germany. It's limited to 1000 units. Tarantula is a Koch release from what I understand and shouldn't be limited in number. It comes out June 12, I believe.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Dick said:
And possibly the ultimate could happen with Uni's 50's sci-fi titles...THIS ISLAND EARTH.

But now watch... we'll pay fairly high prices for these individual titles from Europe, and then Universal domestic will finally decide to release an 8-disc sci-fi Blu-ray collection.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Billy Batson said:
A red Blu-ray case! Isn't that against the law or something.
One of the Hulk movie blurays came out in Green, if I'm not mistaken. :D

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'd settle for a DVD re-release in the correct OAR in the US but Blu would be better. Its funny how many studios can do things right in other countries but not the US.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
If they do release THIS ISLAND EARTH, one element that is nearly as important as the correct aspect ratio is the original three channel Perspecta stereo track.

I used to have a 35mm Perspeca print and when heard through a restored 1954 integrator, the sound was incredible! Not only was the audio VERY directional, the gain control for the sound effects and explosions was really powerful and certainly added to the film.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Bob Furmanek said:
If they do release THIS ISLAND EARTH, one element that is nearly as important as the correct aspect ratio is the original three channel Perspecta stereo track.

I used to have a 35mm Perspeca print and when heard through a restored 1954 integrator, the sound was incredible! Not only was the audio VERY directional, the gain control for the sound effects and explosions was really powerful and certainly added to the film.
Hi Bob: Do you know if any releases, DVD or BLU have taken advantage of the Perspecta tracks?
I think The Court Jester had one, among others. Thanks.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, I don't believe any have.

In the 1990's, the co-creator of Perspecta (Bob Eberenz) and I met with archival reps at Paramount, Universal and WB with an offer to restore their Perspecta tracks for future releases.

Sadly, none were interested.

Chace did create some kind of Perspecta decoder but it was lacking the all-important gain control feature which was a crucial element.

I ran a restored Perspecta print of FORBIDDEN PLANET for an audience of 700 at a movie palace in New Jersey about twelve years ago. The audio spread was fifty feet across the full stage and I had many people comment on how much the audio sounded truly stereophonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks