What's new

Some basic iPad Answers needed (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am still here contemplating an iPad Pro for the reason of being able to abandon using my laptop for the most basic things I do on Home Theater Forum.

One of the biggest problems I have with the iPad is that Safari always accesses the mobile version of HTF. I found a trick that bypasses that problem. Simply long press the RELOAD circle on the URL bar and an option will come up to REQUEST DESKTOP VERSION.

Doing that, I can now cut and paste full HTML content in its original form, including fonts.

Now here are some interesting questions....

1. How can I save images and files to the iPad. Is there a download area where I can save files to retrieve?

For instance, if I want to upload cover art from Amazon. Can I save that image to the hard drive and then manipulate it further? This brings me to question...

2. Is there an app that allows me to grab image files I have saved and resize them so I can then upload them to HTF? Normally I do this in Photoshop, but not sure if there are any cheap iPad apps that allow me to do this.

P

Patrick Donahue

Not sure if this is answering the question you have, but to save an image just long press the image and it will ask you if you want to save it. From the saved image you can hit "edit" which will do basic things, but apps like Pixelmator offer a ton of editing options. Adobe has a "Photoshop Express" as well!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dunno what you are doing differently but none of my iPads have ever defaulted to mobile. I only have to go to the bottom of the forum page once to tell my iPhone's to default always to non mobile

P

Patrick Donahue

Dunno what you are doing differently but none of my iPads have ever defaulted to mobile. I only have to go to the bottom of the forum page once to tell my iPhone's to default always to non mobile
I find it's different for every website - on mine if I go to HTF it always defaults to desktop after having selected that, but for Home Media Magazine it always defaults to mobile no matter what. Not sure why...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iPad always sees full version of HTF for me.
Except for the editor, which lacks all the tools. Here's a screenshot I took, as in browsing on my iPad in the airport.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    894.8 KB · Views: 55

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If an image is in your photo library, you can upload it via Safari to post to HTF. You can do this on the iPad via screenshots or editors that save to your photo roll.

It's a two step process because the editor does have the attach image in the basic view. So I post and then edit to add images.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 49
  • image.png
    image.png
    792.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks