1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Software that alternates desktop image?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by JayDerek, Mar 31, 2003.

1. JayDerek

JayDerek Well-Known Member

I know the Macintosh has this, but is there anything for the PC that alternates your desktop image once in a while? I'm looking for something I can make a folder and put images in, that the program will draw from to make the desktop images? Does this make sense?

Is there anything similar to this for screensavers?

oh, I have Windows XP if this makes a difference.

Thank You!

Jason

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Well-Known Member

Do a search on "wallpaper tools" at http://www.download.com and you'll probbly find something that does what you want. [​IMG]

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Well-Known Member

webshots will work perfectly. it's a pretty popular app.

4. Camp

Camp Well-Known Member

I use WallSmart (search on the above link to download.com). It's free and it takes up very little resources.

Another good one is StyleXP. http://www.tgtsoft.com/

It's a theme manager than also rotates themes, backgrounds, & logons. I use it to manage themes but WallSmart does a better job with wallpaper. (StyleXP isn't free either)

5. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

StyleXP is grrrrrreat! Not only does it manage your desktop but it changes your whole Windows theme to anyone you like at www.themexp.com.

Watch out for Webshots and other free programs. More likely than not they are bundled with spyware.

6. Camp

Camp Well-Known Member

StyleXP is great. However, it doesn't manage rotating desktop images nearly as well as WallSmart (which, BTW, is spyware free).

WallSmart simply scans a directory (which you set) and randomly selects a piece of desktop art. If you download a new piece of art simply save a copy in that directory.

StyleXP requires you to tell it which individual files you want included in the backgrounds to rotate. That means, every time you download a new piece of art you have to open StyleXP and add the new file to the list of rotating backgrounds.

However, for theme management StyleXP is great.