What's new

Soft High-Pitched Tone From Speakers At High Volumes (1 Viewer)

chris.y

Auditioning
I just installed a new ht system and have been noticing that in surround mode (any mode except stereo), there is a soft, high-pitched tone that emanates from all five of my speakers at volumes greater than -10db (the whine becomes more noticeable at high volumes).

I have tried unplugging all of the components and the whine still exists. It seems to be coming from the A/V receiver itself through the speakers. Here's my setup:

NAD T752 through MB Quart speakers (1030s, 330 and 530s).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

chris.y

Auditioning
More information:
I isolated the T752 with one of the speakers on my living room floor to see if this was a problem with poor cable shielding or interference.

When isolated like this, it looks like the left front speaker connection and the center channel connection are causing this high-pitched hiss (in 5.1 mode). However, the other three connections are fine.

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Jonathan M

Second Unit
Hey Chris,

Sorry to hear of your problem. What version T752 do you have? (try holding pressing the AUDIO and VIDEO buttons simultaneously on the front panel.) The current model is either 1.20 or 1.22 (I can't recall which!). If you have an older model, you could ask your dealer for a free software upgrade - NAD quite happily send upgrades out.

Ofcourse, it could be a hardware issue (A few early T762's had a similar problem) in which case I suggest you talk to your dealer and obtain a replacement unit.

My T752 has very little noise except at extreme volumes with no signal, which naturally doesn't bother me as I don't like listening to nothing at high volume!

I hope you get it sorted.

chris.y

Auditioning
Thanks Jonathan. My version is 1.20, which is the same version that you show on your website (cool website, by the way!). If it's a hardware problem, I'll either trade for another T752 or...

I was thinking about trading-in the T752 for the T762 to get some more power and also get A/B switching to drive speakers in another room. The sound of these NAD A/V receivers is awesome -- can't complain about that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks