What's new

Socom Ii (1 Viewer)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Anyone getting this today? I've read a few reviews and it's supposed to be much better than the first one.

J

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Is it released for sale today? I haven't found a firm date yet that it goes on sale. If so, then yeah, I'll be picking it up providing I can find a copy on the shelf somewhere.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
I am all over this game when I find it. I really hope I see it on Wednesday when I'm out shopping. Soooooooooooo... Anyone interested in a SOCOM II HFT clan?

Corman

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
This game rocks! the new levels are f'n amazing!! It is like August 28, 2002 all over again!!! (release of socom 1 when there were no cheaters.) The glory days of socom have returned! Enjoy while it lasts!!!!!!

There is one jungle level(I think it is called shadow falls) that rules. You can't see the seals. They are like Predators. (Arnold movie)

The terrorist auto shotgun is sick. Definateley the new newbie cannon.

Rainbow6...what..crimson.. what..?? j/k. :D

All hail the return of the online King!!!

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I'm all for a HTF Socom II clan. I haven't been able to find it yet since it officially comes out on Thursday.

Jeff

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I just called my local EB Games store and they have them. Gonna stop by this evening and pick up my copy.

Jeff

Peter_A

Second Unit
Does Socom II come with a headset? I sold my copy of the original Socom last year and of course the headset went with it.

You see I don't really wanna buy Socom II cause I won't play it online enough, but I want the headset because Manhunt will use.

Peter_A

Second Unit
Does Socom II come with a headset? I sold my copy of the original Socom last year and of course the headset went with it. You see I don't really wanna buy Socom II cause I won't play it online enough, but I want the headset because Manhunt will use.
D'oh never mind, I see Sony sells the headset by itself now.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I was just wondering which game I should get, Socom 2 or Rainbow Six 3? I only have enough time for one. I like Socom from last year but the servers were so bad that I got dropped nearly all of the time. I prefer a little more strategy and places to hide for sniping.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Guess the game is released in some situations. I was in the local Best Buy last night asking about it and the guy said they have it in the back but can't start selling it until next week? Something about pushing back the release date? So I look around for a few more minutes and the same guy comes over and hands me a copy and says that the inventory number on the price tag means they can go ahead and sell it now. So I don't know what the deal is, I just know I got my copy yesterday.

It is definitely a whole new game cmopared to part I. The maps are intesense. Only complaint so far is that some of them are just to dark. can't see a dang thing without night vision and then it becomes impossible to shoot very well. Oh, and while it may just be me, I have the problem again of going from full auto to single shot for no apperant reason.
Can't get my new headset to work for some reason, either. But being able to play cheater free it making it worth the purchase so far.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Socom II is a suped up version of 1. But they have made the game better by adding a lot of little stuff, friends lists, and maps to make up for it. If you like Socom I, get Socom II. But also pick up Rainbow 6 :)

capt

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I'm sad to hear that Im the only person that thinks this game is nothing near what SOCOM 1 is, and almost borders on garbage.

I played for about 45 minutes, and was basically disgusted the whole time. I will give it a few more days, but I seriously see myself returning it.

It doesnt even come close to Rainbow Six 3 in my opinion. But alas, Im probably the only person on earth who hasnt fallen victim to the Zipper/SCEA Mind-control device implanted in every copy of SOCOM/SOCOM 2 ;)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Well, after giving it some playing time with some of my friends online - I'm happy to say that SOCOM 2 has met my expectations. You can still play 16 player games online, the new maps are good - (Chain Reaction is a fave of mine). & there are no cheaters (so far)

If you liked the first one, I'd give this at least a rental. Find out for yourself just how good it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks