What's new

Soap Operas on DVD (1 Viewer)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Actually, it looks like no soap from the 70s and 80s will be streaming online anywhere anymore. The P&G Classic Soap Channel has just been removed from AOL Video, effective today, January 1st. All told, they streamed 324 episodes of Another World from 1980-1981, 334 episodes of Texas, as well as 300 + episodes of Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow, all for free. They say they hope to be back on another service, but who knows. It's a sad loss.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I would love to see Best Of releases or character specials for One Life To Live, The Guiding Light, All My Children, Days Of Our Lives, As the World Turns and Santa Barbara. English soap wise Hollyoaks.

Especially All My Children and Guiding Light as am loving the Otalia storyline on the latter and was a fan of Bianca/Maggie storyline.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Oh I would also like to see the Days Of Our Lives TV Movies

One Stormy Night (1992), Night Sins (1993) and Winter Heat (1994)

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Now that we are losing "Guiding Light", I would love to see some kind of DVD release celebrating this venerable, long running classic show. I haven't watched much over the last four years, but I always thought I could come back whenever I wanted. You could count on GL always being there. Next we'll lose the sun coming up everyday. Guess nothing lasts forever. Give us some DVD's Proctor and Gamble.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
What I would love would be if P&G could start their own site with all the video they have of their classic soaps. That would include GL, AW, SFT, ATWT, etc. They could keep the content updated daily with "new" reruns. Clearly these classic episodes will not be seen on TV again. So how about getting things going on the internet ?

Elena S

Supporting Actor
How I would love this! I will miss my beloved soap that I've followed for 40+ years. It's not just the death of a show, it's the death of a legacy. So many generations of families followed it. If any show is worthy of DVD releases it is GL. I'll bet they'd sell well, too.

tonduke

Auditioning
Real Name
tony alan hayman
:)"CAN I SEND "DAYS OF OUR LIVES","STRANGE UNIVERSE","THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS" & "THE DOCTORS" DVD'S?"

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There's some rumors that GH will be shut down next year too now, I would love to see some of those old stories come to home video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks