What's new

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

At this point, the cuts are going to come down to star power because the 38 dancers left can all dance up a storm.

That is good to hear. I haven't watched a single episode yet, but I've been saving them. It certainly was a lot easier to watch during the summer, when there wasn't as much competition for my viewing hours. I suspect I'll catch up when the other shows go on haitus for the holidays.

Has anyone seen how the ratings have done now that the show is airing during the regular TV season?

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
SYTYCD is doing extremely well in the ratings and is gaining audience every week. The Nielsen overnights have it winning its time period in the 18-34 bracket and just barely losing to CBS in total viewers. SYTYCD had 7.1 million viewers and a 2.8 18-34 rating while on CBS Christine had a 7.5/2.2 and Gary had a 7.4/2.4. (Note, Gary goes down in viewers but up in rating because Christine skews older.)

SYTYCD's ratings were up 18% over last week.

I agree that this looks like it is going to be an amazing season from a dancing perspective and I cannot believe that the Crumper (whose name escapes me) doesn't have other training of some sort. No question he has insane natural ability, but his leg/point work was incredible in the contemporary number.

-greg

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Don't suppose anyone knows the name of the song that was used during Billy Bell's solo this week? It had a lot of piano in it.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
A day of mourning in the Cerucco household.

But something from that article made the news a little more bearable... she was there since the beginning, and has created many routines I can go back and watch again and again. Still, this isn't quite like Paula Abdul leaving AI because Mia contributed art, not just critique.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Mia Michaels left the show. Bummer.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Michaels-Leaving-Dance-1010925.aspx
That's so not cool! She owned the top spot in my heart once Wade Robson took a major back-seat.

I haven't read this anywhere, but I'm hoping it's true... Will there be four judges every week this season? I really enjoyed the variety of opinions the SYTYCD rotation offered and will be bummed if I have to listen to the same three each week.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
In hindsight, it seemed pretty surprising during this season's Vegas round that she was so feel good and touchy feely with the the contestants when she ran the contemporary choreography round. I guess she had reconciled her decision before that.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That Kathryn chick needs to get a hold of herself or she's going to squeal her way out of the Top 20.

Channing sometimes looks like Kristen Bell (I expect some photo evidence Hanson).

If only Paula hadn't turned down her movie contract...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Catherine cracked me up.

Don't really have any strong favorites, though Billy Bell is one to watch, but will he have enough star power.

Besides Ryan, not sure if the other guys will be able to deliver the same strength as Ade did with primarily Melissa.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee ">[/url]

That Kathryn chick needs to get a hold of herself or she's going to squeal her way out of the Top 20.[/QUOTE]There was one point where she replied to an innocuous question with tears and the ever-rising voice that I just [i]lost[/i] it. And then she kept doing it! I LOL'd the whole time.

Quote:Cameron Yee [url=/forum/thread/292677/so-you-think-you-can-dance-season-6#post_3619992][img]">[/url]

Channing sometimes looks like Kristen Bell (I expect some photo evidence Hanson).
Only [i]sometimes[/i]. The eyes are there as is the shape of the face, but their smiles don't match at all. I took me a while to find a picture of Kristin not smiling:

[url=/forum/thread/292677/so-you-think-you-can-dance-season-6#post_3619992][img]">[/url]
If only Paula hadn't turned down her movie contract... My point in another forum was that Paula had a choice of taking a movie part that she had over taking a chance that she would or would not make the top 20 and possibly be totally out of work. Someone else pointed out that even if she did make the top 20, she could be paired with Legacy or get a bad Nappy Tabs routine and get booted the first week. So it was really a matter of a bird in the hand. And yeah, she has a Jessica Alba thing going on. But boobless.

BTW, Bianca is not only NOT the first tapper on the show, she's not even the first [i]female [/i]tapper on the show (that's season one's Sandra Colton). She's not even the first [i]black [/i]female tapper -- that was season two's Martha Nichols. However, Bianca does hold the distinction of being the first black female tapper who looks like Fantasia.

Speaking of look-a-like tappers, is the White Tapper's resemblance to Paul Rudd uncanny or what?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI - The "Get to know the dancers" episode is on tonight on Fox at 8 p.m. EDT. And then the competition starts up on Tuesday with a 2-hour episode, and a results show on Wednesday.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Aw poop, that's right, the WS is on Wednesday. The first 2 dancers are actually eliminated on Tuesday's 2-hour episode. That's harsh!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the Mandy Moore number, though Billy is going to have problems with female dancers his own size if he has to throw them around or do lifts with them. (Update - Billy left the show due to illness. Poop.)

Tap is little exhausting to watch and Nigel was right about it being an uphill journey for them.

The Jazz trio was odd, mainly due to the size differential between Pauline and the other two, Elinor and Mollie.

I think Legacy was running out of gas in the hip-hop routine, which was not all that memorable.

The Tice contemporary did a better job at highlighting the dancers, better than Mandy's, but Mandy's was better choreographed.

The Latin trio was a strong finish to a good intro show.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I didn't get much out of the numbers until Mandy Moore's. The jazz one wasn't sexy to me, in part because of the costumes but the dancers still seemed too girlish. The Latin was ok but I was not thrilled with the choice of music. Actually that was the case with most of the routines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks