What's new

So you can't meet any girls? (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
That depends on programmer pay. Pay them too little, and they'll conclude that the upkeep isn't worth it. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's strange to see programmers referring to themselves as such! Whatever happened to Software Engineers? Has the term lost its shine already? ;)

--
Holadem

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Uh Grant, this may be why folks think she is leaving solely for romantic reasons:

She is leaving mainly because she can't find any straight single guys in San Francisco.
I think I'll have to agree with the poster above, either she has other reasons for leaving that she hasn't expressed to you, or she isn't too bright. Ilived in the Bay area for years, never was a shortage of straight singles on either side of the fence that I noticed.

If she can't find a BF in a huge city like SF, how does she think a smaller pool like Hawaii is going to be any better? Just doesn't make any sense to me...

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
What does this woman do that she can afford to BUY a place here? (I'm presuming the band is a side job.)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
[OFF TOPIC]
Software Engineer is pretentious 90's terminology. I'm glad to see the "programmer" term come back.
Agreed, especially since the former term contributed to the bastardization of the engineer title. Everyone call themselves an engineer in something nowadays :rolleyes

[/OFF TOPIC]

Sorry, had to get it off...

--
Holadem

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Moving because you can't find a boyfriend (or girlfriend) is crazy. I know of a lot of people who do that and end up coming back home because they were "let down".

Many people have said that I should move to a place that has more women so I can find Miss Right, but I seriously doubt that my location is my problem. Any sort of "bad luck" you've had in dating will follow you wherever you go because YOU are the one creating the bad luck and not the other person...you can't runaway from YOURSELF, and NO new environment will change who you are or how others perceive you.

Everyone call themselves an engineer in something nowadays
Just the same as Programmer or Graphic Artist...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I would run like hell from anyone who "can't find any decent guy/girl/whatever" in a city like SF. More often than not, the person complaining is the problem, not the guys/girls/whatever in SF.

[EDIT] You said it better than I could Mark!

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks