What's new

So who is buying Spiderman? (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Count me in on the Xbox version as well. A couple extra levels and, most likely, a smoother framerate, plus better sound and more detailed textures, make this a no-brainer.
My PS2 is starting to become a dust collector...:frowning:

Dan B

Screenwriter
I'm waiting for all of your reviews before I consider this one. I am somewhat interested in it. (Xbox version)

-Dan

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I think on the flyer I read today that you can also trade in two PS2 games. I just hope I can give them 2 PS2 games and get the XBox version...

JQ

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Someone please post as soon as you pick this up.

If there's anyone in the Tampa Bay area who got it, please post where you got it.

I pre-payed for it at EBX, but they told me I'm not "guaranteed" a copy because I didn't preorder it before it shipped.

I can't wait to see/hear/play this game!!

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I'm very interested in this myself.
But I really do want to read a proper review. Gaming magazines/ websites are often optimistic in previews, but then turn around a trash the finished product. I don't really want to lay down $40/50 and then hear it "didn't turn out well"!!! ;)
Bleddyn

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I just picked it up. They apparently had enough copies to spare.

I will post my impressions later.

5:00, please come soon...

If you buy a game at EB or Babbages, they let you return it if you don't like it. That's a good thing when you get a game that doesn't meet expectatins. I've used that return policy many times. The bad part is, if you do this, you can't return the game you get in exchange. YOu're stuck with it. I got screwed with this by getting All Star Baseball 2002 in exchange for Rallisport Challenge - and I hated it. That was the stupidest buying decision I've made.

I so wish I'd kept Rallisport Challenge.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Nice catch, Chris!

I hope you'll have time to tell us about it later. You got the Xbox version, right?

Bleddyn

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
OK, here are some initial impressions after playing for an hour or so:
FINALLY, an X-BOX game with constant center channel sound in DD 5.1. I was really getting tired of the lack of center channel sound in XBOX games and so far, Spiderman sounds great in all 5.1 channels.
A really cool bonus is that Bruce Campbell guides you through the tuturial and gives you hints along the way so far. He constantly is cracking jokes and taunting you.:laugh:
The graphics are very cool, some of the best I have seen on the Box. I have only played through part of the tutorial and the first two levels but so far everything is silky smooth. The city looks great and you can swing anywhere.
Spidey looks fantastic and moves great, although I am having a bit of trouble getting used to the control scheme. Moving around and swinging will take a bit more practice before I am really good at it.
So...so far so good. Back to the game now.:)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Thanks Tino! That's great to hear!

In the tutorial can you just swing around and crawl at your leisure? If so, then I'm sold on the game right there!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
There are about 15 training levels and I have only tried a few but so far I think you have free reign to go anywhere and do anything you'd like.
Im in a warehouse now and I must say again that the graphics are crystal clear and ultra smooth. You can see the wrinkles on Spideys shirt moving for instance. Nice.
Been beating up thugs for a while which is fun and never gets old. More later.
Did I mention the center channel sound?:D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Is the music in the game Danny Elfman's film score at all? Or is it just music composed by the developers music people?

Dan

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Thanks Tino! That's what I wanted to hear. I'm sold and will pick a copy up on the way home.
It's webswinging time!:D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Dan

According to the liner notes with the game, the music is composed and conducted by Michael McCuistion.

It's OK I guess, but no Danny Elfman (which I haven't heard yet. Is it any good?).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The review of the Spidey by Moriarty over at AICN was very positive on most counts with the exception of the soundtrack.

He highly criticized Elfman and listed the soundtrack as one of the main weaknesses. I don't know his feelings towards Elfman though so he just may not care for his stuff.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Full time 5.1? YES!
Better graphics than Halo? no....not yet anyway.:)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Has anyone compared the graphics between the 3 consoles? I'm curious if the PS2 version looks as good as the Xbox.

Jeff

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Jeff - IGN ranked them as follows in terms of visuals:

1) XBox

2) GC

3) PS2

How great the differences are between the 3 systems? - that wasn't clearly defined.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
OOOOhhhhhh, I can't wait to get home and fire this baby up.

Has anyone read any reviews that say if the game is longer than the PS / DC Spider-Man? I loved that game, but I finished it in a few hours. It's the only game I loved but returned within 7 days for a refund. It was way too short.

X Box Spider-Man....mmmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks