What's new

So, which MiB should I buy? (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
From what I understand, most of the specials in the upcoming release are aimed at hyping MiB2, which is fine so far as it goes, but doesn't really do much for me. There have been, what, 3 versions of this already? Which is the best? Do they all have the MST3K-style director's commentary?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The Limited Edition is the one I own and would recommend. It has the MST3K-style commentary, plus the Editing Workshop feature, and some nice extras all-around. Complaints have been made about the video quality on the DTS version - the LE looks very nice. It's a bit more expensive, but makes an ideal enrollment selection at Columbia House.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I have the le but did not pay anymore for it.When it came out it was close to the same price as the dd and dts versions but Best Buy was out of stock.I got a rain check,and got it a week later,but for a great price.If memory serves,it was $22

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
From what I remember way back when when I was dealing with this very same decision, I came to the conclusion that the video between DTS and DD5.1 was pretty darn close. Maybe the DTS is in fact inferior, but that you would really need to seem them side by side to tell.

I have the DTS and love it. I guess without seeing the other I'll never know, but as long as I am happy with what I have then that's fine......

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
I'm sure someone who actually knows will chime in here (they usually do when this topic appears ;)), but until then I'll just say that I find it highly unlikely that Columbia would actually produce two different transfers of the movie in question, to be released at the same time...
I own the dts version and am quite pleased with it.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I'll just say that I find it highly unlikely that Columbia would actually produce two different transfers of the movie in question, to be released at the same time...
they wouldn't need to actually produce a separate transfer for the picture quality on the DTS version to look different/worse. it could be the same transfer, but with greater compression applied to it.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks