1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

So...where's T.H.E. CAT?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by DeWilson, May 1, 2012.

1. DeWilson

DeWilson Well-Known Member

Denny
    Came across this mention on a thread over on the "Sitcoms on line" message board.
    http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?p=4674556#post4674556

2. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Well-Known Member

There had been talk a couple of years ago that Benicio Del Toro was going to do a theatrical version of the show. That would have definitely inspired a release. Hopefully the scuttlebut is true. Love this show.

3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I did watch the show during its brief run all those decades ago, but have never seen it since, and as I was young, I have only vague memories of it. Would love to have a set of its episodes.

4. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Well-Known Member

Peter Fitzgerald
    Wow! For a show this forgotten/neglected, even grapevine rumors about a potential future release are like manna from heaven! Thanks much for that link, Denny!
    Through evil, unspeakable means, I finally managed to see all but the last episode of the series a couple of years ago, and it's dynamite... not a clunker in the bunch.
    I especially liked an episode called "The Brotherhood", in which Thomas Hewitt Edward Cat has to deliver ex-cop/ex-con Ted Knight, who has been targeted by the mob for termination, to the equally murder-minded Albert Salmi, or else Salmi will "redecorate the room, red" with a young female hostage he has his sawed-off shotgun trained on (which is also pretty creepy, considering how Salmi ended up in real life).
    Pulpy/stylized without getting too silly or campy, which is a major achievement for a show like this in 1966, in the wake of BATMAN's success, when it would've been so easy for it to follow the path of THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.'s third season, etc.

5. DeWilson

DeWilson Well-Known Member

Denny
    Well, you know how much scuttlebut is just "Talk" and nothing more, but always worth mentioning. :)