1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

So, were the Friends ads misleading?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by James_Kiang, Apr 24, 2003.

1. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Well-Known Member

I missed last week's new episode (or was the week before that???). This was the one where the commercials had Rachel telling Joey to kiss her. They played it up like they were rekindling the Joey-Rachel relationship angle. Now, since they are now advertising Ross and Joey being in competition for Aisha Tyler's affections, I have to guess this was another case of NBC's "truly accurate" advertising. Can anyone confirm?

2. Chad R

Chad R Well-Known Member

Chad Rouch
    It was a dream.

This show's really starting to wear thin.

3. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Well-Known Member

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Well-Known Member

I think Friends commercials are the worst TV show ads. The Pitts on FOX had better commercials... At least you knew what you were in for from seeing them. Friends reminds me of a prime-time soap opera anymore with all the shananagins apparently going on in the ads.

If anyone goes into a coma on the show, I'm going to flip.

5. Dominik Droscher

Dominik Droscher Well-Known Member

6. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Well-Known Member

Was anyone else disturbed by the fact that no mention was made of Rachel's baby by anyone, including Rachel? I mean, Rachel is a mother of an infant, but she just spends all of her free time hanging out with her friends. Ross doesn't appear to be helping out either? Even if she hired a nanny, one or both of them should be around a lot more. I know its TV land, but that's a very scary portrayal of a new mother. As a close friend of a loving mother to a 9-month old, this episode finally turned me off the show for good. It used to be good for a laugh or two, even if I was just waiting for the infinitely better "Scrubs" to come on.

7. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Well-Known Member

8. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Well-Known Member

Rich Travale

9. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Well-Known Member

10. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Well-Known Member

I can't believe anyone takes this show seriously anymore (well as serious as one can take a sitcom). Every episode is just a rehash of previous seasons. They haven't had an original idea since maybe season 2 or so. They should have ended it this year instead of dragging it out from one more season, and its not even going to be a full season!

11. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Well-Known Member

12. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Well-Known Member

Bah. I'm still enjoying it quite a lot. Great season so far, particularly for Joey, who's getting some great scenes and lines.

13. ChuckDeLa

ChuckDeLa Well-Known Member

Not only did it bother me that there was ZERO mention of the baby, but I was also left wondering... what the hell happened to Ben? I haven't been watching the show regularly for a long time now, but did Ross' first kid die or what?

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    Kids conveniently disappear all the time. There's been little mention of Phoebe's triplets in the past few years either.

15. Chad R

Chad R Well-Known Member

Chad Rouch
    I literally just forgot to watch 'Friends' last week. That's bad. When 'E.R.' went into the shitter my wife and I made a conscious decision to just stop watching. I haven't done that with 'Friends' but totalling forgetting about it seems worse to me somehow.

16. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Well-Known Member

I know how it is Chad, there's alot of trash network tv out there,(I don't have cable)so needless to say, I only keep up with a few series a week. I got tired of Friends 2 or 3 years ago, I guess I grew up out of that phase of my life that once found the show entertaining.