What's new

So my 11+ yr old Mitsu TV's prone to igniting on fire you say? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I wasnt sure to post this in the TV or AH Section.. mods, move to wherever you see fit.. :)
So i was searching on google for somet stuff about my HT... A few of the components i dont know muhc about because they were purchased before i got into HT, and some were bought when i was younger than 4 and a half years old... My TV is one of those components...
So im searching google, and i find like 6 or 8 sites all in japanese about my model of TV... I use Altavista translater to translate it, it turns out that all the sites say something about having 6 different incidents where my model of TV Smoking and igniting on fire!!!
Well, my family has been looking at a new RPTV for the HT.. You'd think bursting into flames would be a pretty good reason to get a new one right??? NOOOOO... my cheap dad says 'what can we do?' im like 'i dunno, call Mitsubishi of Japan, ship it over there and have them FIX IT?!' (sarcastically)... so yeah, its been a few days, and we haven't done anything, even though my TV is known to catching on fire...
*sigh*, a perfectly good reason to get a new TV, but nooo... my pennypinching dad would risk the chance of burning to death than to get a new TV...
rolleyes.gif

Just wanted to say that...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Nick,
You know your dad is so looking forward to the day when you have your own kids, and have to fend off their incessant attempts to make you part with your hard-earned money, for things you don't care about :)
But if your tv does spontaneously combust, please post pics
biggrin.gif

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
You could be a nice guy and buy a fire extinguisher! Set it nearby and let him think about it. It just might work!
Glenn

Julie K

Screenwriter
Not only has your TV not ignited in the years you've had it (meaning it's highly improbable that it will in the next several years), but it sounds like the only incidents of flaming TVs have happened in Japan.
Sorry, but it looks like you'll have to try another approach to a new TV
wink.gif

------------------
My DVDs
"Well, that's it then. You must have tripped over the cat."
"Where did it come from? There's nothing up there but ceiling. I love how these animals just fall straight into your hands. I mean, what do they do? Hang upside-down by their claws and wait for people to pass by?"

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
ohhhh shiiit...
tvsmoke.jpg

Note the green tinge in the smoke, thats the poisonous gasses from the burning silicon boards and such...
biggrin.gif

------------------
[Edited last by NickSo on October 14, 2001 at 10:30 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Why am I suprised that Mena Suvari is not in that doctored pic? :)
If you want to get a new TV, just accidently "break" the TV. Just tell your father you were walking around with a hammer, you tripped, and the hammer hit the TV.
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
At least have Mena Suvari on the TV, then at least it'll have died happy! :)
That almost looks like my Mits but mine's only 6 years old, and it better not go up in flames til I can afford a 16x9 HDTV!
(BTW, if you wanna have some fun, hit "Menu" on the remote and punch in the numbers 2-3-5-7 to get to the service controls, or 2-3-5-6 to get to a screen that lets you disable front panel controls and other stuff. Don't go changing the picture without knowing where to set it back to though, if you think at all you're going to be keeping this TV a while longer!)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Jesse, i think this TV was made before the time of Software Service menu's... and its a japanese one too, so its totally different...
Lol, the tuner in it only has 12 channels!!!
*sigh*
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks