1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

so it begins! Software design

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by npaust, Mar 22, 2007.

1. npaust

npaust New Member

I just had my local home theater shop come and out to start measuring and as of now i'm going with a 12x18 room i might be able to go longer, but now i have to have the hvac guy come and see about relocating ductwork in my basement. What i need to know is what software can I use thats easy and free to help draw up my design. I'm trying to work with google sketchup but it seems a little advanced.

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    I don't know about the software question. I was curious as to what your display will be? Projector or TV? If projector, you should try to extend the room a couple feet, in case you want 2 rows of seats.

3. npaust

npaust New Member

i am gonna go with a projector. I was gonna go longer on the room, but when i went to visit the this local home theater store they had such a nice setup and it turned out to be 12x18 with two rows of seating and 106" screen. Even better is that if i stick with the 18 lenth i dont need to move my center ac unit. However, once the hvac guy comes out to relocate the ducts i'm gonna see how much more it is to move the central ac unit which will then give me more length.

4. Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo Well-Known Member

I went the tv route but next time around I will do the prohector - the funds just werent there.

5. Whiteknightoz

Whiteknightoz New Member

I use Floor Plan 3D its pretty easy to use and allows you to create interactive walkthroughs navigating around with your mouse which is so kool..

I tired at attach a few example pics but need to have 10 posts [​IMG]

What I am looking for is software for cable layout design so if anyone can suggest an application that would be tops, I want to map it all out so I dont have to crawl through my roof space more than once.

6. Whiteknightoz

Whiteknightoz New Member

I use Floor Plan 3D its pretty easy to use and allows you to create interactive walkthroughs navigating around with your mouse which is so kool..

I tired at attach a few example pics but need to have 10 posts [​IMG]

What I am looking for is software for cable layout design so if anyone can suggest an application that would be tops, I want to map it all out so I dont have to crawl through my roof space more than once.

7. npaust

npaust New Member

I'm gonna give floor plan 3d a try and i'll see if i come along something for cable layout.

8. Whiteknightoz

Whiteknightoz New Member

link to example pics, you will have to cut and paste as I cant post hyperlinks yet

hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-design-construction/3987-my-media-room-makeover-comments-suggestions-please.html