What's new

So I finally got KotOR yesterday... (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just started it up again with the goal of being an extremely dark jedi. Man... does Carth ever shut up about being a goody-goody?

Glen

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I was nearly finished in the game playing as ultra-dark and I ended up blowing away all my saves. I found the game to be very unfulfilling and unconvincing when playing as evil.

For example - I had Bastila with me when I tricked the feuding fathers on Dantooine into brutally murdering each others' children and then each other. After that and numerous other horrible deeds she says stuff like "I'm a little concerned about the way you've been behaving." Uh, duh?

The game was obviously designed to be played from the light side and the dark side stuff was a bit of an afterthought.. so I'm going to start over again as a goody goody.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Jedi are weirdly forgiving, no wonder they have so many problems with people turning like that.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Josh, it's funny you say that; cause I've heard the very same thing on similar message boards that say the light side is boring and has a lame ending. I don't know - I want to win it both ways just to say I did it. This next time I start over though, I'll save at critical areas to I can convert from light to dark quicker.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm at close to 10 hours, and I'm not even a Padouwan (sp?) yet, I'm trying to get past the Jedi woman in that ancient grove place. If you guys finished the game in 40 hours, then either the game is shorter than I thought, or you're playing much faster than me.

How does the game length compare to Morrowind, for instance? I spent weeks playing that (off and on, doing many side quests) and got to the part where I realized that I might be the Nerevarine, and I thought I was close to the end, but pretty soon I realized that the game was just beginning in some senses. I haven't gone back to that game, partly over being slightly overwhelmed with how much is still left to do (I assume I'll have to bring the Houses together, unite the tribes, kill the guy under the mountain, and so on), and mostly being frustrated at the slowdowns/freezes/DDEs.

That's one good thing so far, KotOR hasn't frozen on me too much. Just a couple of times, actually.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Uh... I finished it in 27 hrs my first time through...

I finished it in even shorter time my second time through and did almost all the side quests, but of course I already knew where I was going.

A little free advice: try to avoid killing the Jedi in the grove.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering if that's what I was supposed to do, try and talk her out of the dark side (I assume she's the secret of the grove). I'll see how that goes... maybe if I don't attack her? Right now I'm getting my a** kicked by her.

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
I was also a little late jumping on the kotor bandwagon. I just finished it tonight. Think my total was around 28 hours (loved every moment of it). Without giving anything away, the last 10% of the game it incredible. Including one of the best plot twists I've seen in a video game.

And the last planet you are on, all i can say is WOW. Easily the most beautiful environment i've layed my eyes on in the gaming universe.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I hope Bastilla doesn't turn out to be my sister. That would be too much of a parallel to the SW movie. But if you say it's a good plot twist, I think it'll be something better than that :)

And I guess the last planet everyone tackled was the one where the other Jedi got lost? (Forgetting the names here). I've done the water planet, the Wookie planet and Tatooine, and now I'm trying to get off the ship where I got captured. I'm at almost 20 hours already.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm still stuck on that damn Carth glitch. My whatever-it-is ability to see Mission is too low, so I either have to let the game sit for a few hours to see if it works itself out or I have to start all over, and I'm not starting over.

Hopefully they'll patch stuff with the first XBL downloadable package and this will be taken care of.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I thought that bug only happened if you were currently in stealth mode? Does it happen if you do the sequence in non-stealth mode with Mission?

I did it using her once and it didn't happen. Just make sure you're not in stealth mode when you use the panel.

I must also gleefully report that my mission to play being all things to all people (deadly swordsman, skilled repair and computer guy, persuasive speaker) was a resounding success. One day I'll have to play and actually use force powers on my pc other than speed and force immunity, though.

Fixing HK is awesome and makes him almost as good and in some ways better than the other shootist npcs (his ac is incredibly high). The story is incredibly funny. I didn't finish Juhani's subquest because I wanted to get the premium shop (which I had a lot of money to spend on, hooray), but I finally got Carth's quest and everyone else's.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I accidentally did the Mission thing in stealth. I'm not sure if my stats are high enough that I could equip something and be able to actually see Mission, either.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
OK, I'm not sure if I've even gotten there yet. Is this on board Saul's ship? I used Mission there to free the rest of the prisoners (though it looked like I could have used any of the others). Or is this something I haven't yet gotten to? Right now I'm on the 4th planet trying to find the Star Map.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
It happens if you free the prisoners while in stealth mode, I guess. When you get back to your ship and you're having a conversation with everyone is when it occurs I believe.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
OK then. I started out in stealth mode, but the Sith trooper got too close and saw me, so I just shot him, and surprisingly enough, killed him. I guess I got lucky there then.

Thanks, it's good to know that I'm past that one.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I just built a new computer and this was the first game I played on it.

WOW, this kicked serious butt. I played as the nice little Light Jedi but after I beat KOTOR2 I'm gonna reply it as a Dark Jedi.

Sweet game, I wish all games allowed you to make choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks