1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Snowpiercer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Freddie Z, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Freddie Z

Freddie Z Stunt Coordinator

Freddie Zaragoza
    I was really looking forward to this movie. However, I really only want to see the original director's cut, not the Weinstein cut. Original cut is only 126 minutes and Harvey Weinstein ordered (yes, ordered) 20 minutes to be cut for the North American release to make it more "accessible" to stupid people.

Sorry Harvey! You've lost a theater sale from me. I'll wait for the International Blu-Ray release.

cafink likes this.
  2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I agree. Also, I am curious how so many people are living on a perpetually moving train. How does being on a train be any better than having everyone in a bunker with the same supplies?

3. Freddie Z

Freddie Zaragoza
    Here's a trailer for those interested.

4. Freddie Z

Freddie Zaragoza
    Aaron Silverman and cafink like this.
  5. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer

The premise of this looks stupid, but I don't get why Harvey Weinstein always thinks he has the right to butcher the work of Asian directors. For some reason, when it comes to Asian films that he has licensed, he gets the attitude that he has the right to alter another man's work simply because he thinks he knows what is best when it comes to telling another man's story.

This film is a perfect example. He was going to hatchet it and give it a wide release. Now, he has backed off on butchering it and has agreed to release it uncut; however, now the release will be much smaller and graduated based on response. Of course, I'm sure Weinstein will give it his all to make this film a success, now that the Asian director has "won" his battle for an uncut release. This change in release strategy just makes Weinstein look like a petulant jerk, who will now go out of his way to sabotage any chance of the film being a success, because he wants to "prove" that he was "right" all along about the film being too long.