What's new

Snow? (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

I couldn't believe we actually got a nice bit of snow in the ATL, as I didn't really think much about it because I didn't want to be disappointed when it didn't materialize, but it showed up and made for a nice coat of snow on all the cars. I wonder how bad it'll be tomorrow, hoping the temperature doesn't stay below freezing, or I'm stuck at home all weekend long.
Patrick, you guys were supposed to get the brunt of the snow and we here about 50 miles from the ATL were only supposed to get a slight amount but me and my wife went out to build a snowman and I sank up beyond my ankles in the yard. I measured 4" and tonights lows of 21 mean we will be stuck in all weekend, good thing we got a DVR full of shows waiting. We already did a Burn Notice marathon and next up is the last two eps of 24, which we're actually dreading based on what I've read.
I have to go to work Sunday early but might not make it, that combined with the next front coming in late Sunday and we have ourselves a real mess. We went out to Kroger for supplies and slid all the way down our driveway...good times...

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
And we're supposed to get another couple of inches tonight. I can't remember the last time we had three snowstorms in one season

This winter really sucks!

Quote:
I couldn't believe we actually got a nice bit of snow in the ATL, as I didn't really think much about it because I didn't want to be disappointed when it didn't materialize, but it showed up and made for a nice coat of snow on all the cars. I wonder how bad it'll be tomorrow, hoping the temperature doesn't stay below freezing, or I'm stuck at home all weekend long.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I ended up with about 6" by last Tuesday morning. First decent snowfall the river valley region of central Arkansas has had in over 10 years. We usually just end up with an inch of ice.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood

By tonight there should be snow on the ground in all 50 states:
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11973034
My wife and I actually were in Hawaii and heard this on the radio there while driving around. I have no idea where the news media thought there was snow on the ground in Hawaii. Normally, the Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa volcanoes on the Big Island have snow in the winter. However, my wife and I were actually on the top of Mauna Kea the night before (and could see the peak of Mauna Loa), and there was no snow. The guide said it had been an unusually dry winter, and there was only snow there for less than a week in January.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's the first day of spring, and it's snowing like a motherfire in Dallas. The roofs are covered. I don't expect the yards to be what with the recent warm weather, but I guess we'll see.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I got 8 inches of snow over night and into the day. The temp is supposed to be back up around 65 on Monday.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, I like it from time to time. I'm glad you're getting some nice weather right now. It should be good for you until next winter in a few weeks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There's a nice covering of snow on the ground now. It's been snowing very hard for a couple of hours straight. I guess if it keeps up all night, it's going to get pretty heavy. Hopefully, the damage done to the tree last time won't be repeated.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

There's a nice covering of snow on the ground now. It's been snowing very hard for a couple of hours straight. I guess if it keeps up all night, it's going to get pretty heavy. Hopefully, the damage done to the tree last time won't be repeated.

What does "snowing very hard" mean in Texas?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It'll be warm soon enough. Enjoying the cool weather while it lasts. (Of course if it was snowing outside, I might be singing a different tune.)

- Walter.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I mean hard enough that sides of telephone poles were coated because of it blowing so hard sideways. We got six inches here, which is pretty amazing for Texas in March.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
plenty of snow in the catskills, though it is at least 2 feet below the levels it was 2 weeks ago so it's melting fast. The flood warnings in the catskills can attest to the melting snow. And we lost a friend of a friend of mine last weekend on Blackhead Mtn, due to hyperthermia. Rest in Peace Seth.....

I spent the first night of spring at a beautiful leanto I helped build on the SW flank of Hunter Mtn (yes, the same one that the skiers ski down). A friend and I pulled sleds loaded with creature comforts (I pulled a camp chair up to the leanto!) from the trailhead to the leanto and enjoyed the warm sunny day saturday, took a nap at the viewpoint and just enjoyed the fabulous weekend and first night of spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks