What's new

Snow White Specs (1 Viewer)

Gui A

Supporting Actor
from: http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/snowwhite/dvd_features.html
===
Is there anything missing from the Laserdisc? (aside from the hardcover book and lithographs)... I don't see the 'Tricks of Our Trade' supplement... anything else? ... it looks like they added a lot of new stuff too!
------------------
eek.gif

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the original opening and end credits refers to the original conceptual version or the original release version. I would hope that the original released version of the credits would be included in the actual film itself.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Scott, in the LD, the original Opening credits show that the original distrubutor of Snow White was RKO Pictures. Buena Vista started distributing their own movies in the fifties.
------------------

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Uh ... I think I'll be picking this up! ... (he said while trying not to fall down from attempting to comprehend the sheer magnitude of the wealth of features)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Gui- Was the RKO logo part of the film on the LD or in the supplements? My point is that if Disney has access to the original opening, they should use the RKO one since they use it on other classics that have recently been restored, i.e. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I see what you're saying now, Scott... The LD had the RKO logo as a supplement. And it looks like it will be a supplement according to this press release.
...Also, If you watch the promo videos on the Disney side, the restoration demo says 1993 - 1937 ... I thought they were doing a new transfer... ?

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
My question was the same as Gui's. I noticed they mention a new 5.1 track, as if it will matter, but which rumor about the transfer is correct: new or old? I would think it would specifically say if the transfer was new also.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Has anyone else beside me gone to the disney link and taken then "virtual tours" of the discs???
Oh my god, this is going to be a kickass DVD release. The virtual tour of disc one shows the totally cool main menu system, hosted by the magic mirror. This looks very cool, and is quite humurous too.
Tour 2 is hosted by Angela Lansbury and gives a sneak peak at some of the boatload, no, castleload of extras on the second disc. These include a peak at the neat storyboard to live action sequences, and a really neat looking presentation of the storyboards, by going into the virtual Queen's castle and seeing the storyboards mounted on the walls like in a museum.
I can't begin to explain how cool these tours were, and in no way can the tours probably tell us about all of the stuff Disney is going to be giving us.
Now, I sort of snickered when Disney first made the press release with the phrase "the first totally immersive DVD experience". But I think this will be the case. My initial kudos to Disney for what looks like a great DVD release.
What, no DTS?
wink.gif

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
quote: What, no DTS?[/quote]
Ha, ha Jeff! Exactly my thoughts.
Let's see who is going to be the first. Anyway, my copy has already been ordered! (Together with Dumbo).
Cees

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
In relation to this question on the transfer:
Now, "The One That Started It All..." has been lovingly restored with enhanced sound and picture through high-definition direct to digital technology for the clearest, brilliant, most memorable entertainment experience in history!

Would they say this if they were reusing an older, but recent transfer? Sounds like what they are saying is that it is a new transfer. Also, please read my comment in my previous post, this is going to be one smashing release, regardless......

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Cees,
I first figured, oh we'll get this for my duaghters 4th birthday in April (nudge nudge wink wink).
But now, it's maybe we'll let my duaghter watch daddy's new Snow White DVD.......
Seriously, though, she will love the movie, already does (I know, that means we have rented an old VHS copy), and as she gets a bit older, she will love all the extras too.
I just hope that all the work that has gone into Snow White is replicated on the other "Platinum" Titles, like BaTB, Aladdin, LK, etc.......

William Ward

Supporting Actor
There was some early speculation that it would be a single disc issue similar to the Gold collection(but obviously with more extras). I would not have bought this movie if it was only one disc, no matter how packed it was. I feel that a movie of this magnitude deserves 2-disc treatment.
Oh well.
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to order I go!
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
So what have they edited out of Snow White, and also what did they edit out of Dumbo? Bells and whistles are great, but are we getting the complete original version, or another Disney revisionist version?
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Snow White's pecs? Huh?
Yeah, I'm wondering about that too Jeff. I bet they'll feel some of the scenes are just too violent for us, and cut them out. Furthermore, I bet they'll come to the conclusion that showing dwarves in manual labor and squalor is not PC, and will cut them entirely out of the film, simply releasing the film as "Snow White".
wink.gif

------------------
M. Hyde

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well, I can hear the outcry from groups afflicted with grumpiness, sleepiness, allergies, or drug advocacy groups - who am I missing?
Noone will notice the new dwarves are now named Steve, Joe, Bill, Hank, Nigel, Henry and Erwin.
Also, the references to prostitutes will be cut out, so no more "Hi ho!" for you! :)
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks