What's new

Snell Speakers (1 Viewer)

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
O.k. since no one seems to have any knowledge about these how about some input on having the subs mounted in that same cabinet with the fronts? These each have 200 watt 10" front firing subs in the same enclosure as the mains?

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Those reviews were great. I was also wondering if anyone on here has used a sub enclosed in the main speakers? How does it really reproduce compared to a self contained unit? I believe Canton uses this same design on some of their towers.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Can't tell you about the performance of "powered towers", but almost all speaker manufacturers have had such models....from Boston Acoustics (Snell's parent company) to JBL, and from Definitive Technology to Infinity.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
Last weekend i heard a pair of XA90ps hooked up with audio research equipment and a sony 333es cd, imho i thought the speakers were harsh up top, the mid range was ok but nothing to rave about and the low end was the worst...the bass was very boomy...for the price i don't think these have ANYTHING on a pair of PSB T8s, Monitor audio gold 60s, or a vienna acoustic.....

mfsl4j2

Grip
Real Name
Jeff Howard
Very accurate sounding speakers. Had mine for 5 years. The powered subs are phenominal and more accurate than ones used for home theater. Best thing is the directional imaging that you get when you have multiple subs and not just one. These are perfect for the audiophile as well as the home theater buff. Too bad, Snell no longer makes them and has abandoned the tower speaker with powered sub

I love mine but should have bought the 90 as it is so much better

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks