What's new

Smith non-going thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ray Liotta leads a cast of merry hi-tech thieves, while trying to maintain the semblance of a normal life with a wife (Virginia Madsen) and kids living in suburbia. The wife has her suspicions of her hubby's dual life in his role as a travelling businessman on the road. The vibe in the commercials is good, but the execution of the concept of the first episode is not as good as I had hoped.

As the initial episode, I thought it was merely okay, but perhaps a little too heavy/emo with the personal side of these professional thieves. I did spot the tall blonde that was on "Joe Schmo 2" as a waitress with a coke habit slipping high roller credit card info to the Amy Smart character. I didn't like Jeff (Simon Baker) after what he did to the cat, but I guess it illuminated his "character" in a quick throwaway shot. I don't know how Frankie G continues to get acting roles on TV.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pilots of many new shows have been available through different means this season. Some are available through netflix, some online, Yahoo TV, etc. It's part of this season's intense marketing of the new shows to make use of different information delivery systems nowadays...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I was looking forward to checking this out tonight, but I'm worried about the initial reviews I've read. USA Today called it "criminally bad" and other outlets have been pretty rough on the show. I'll probably still tune in anyway, but I doubt this will be a show to get overly excited about.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I fell asleep during the garage Frankie G. scene. I enjoyed the rest, especially the trippy song as the thieves gathered on the jet. Anyone know what that song was?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yup. Thief is pretty much done.

So when will Hope show her cards to Bobby, and can Bobby stave off the interpersonal hurt coming his way?

Jeff's a sociopath. Did like how they planted fake tattoo's on their bodies to mislead the investigators/cops/FBI.

Franky G's character's subplot was shoehorned in the worst way ("I should have married YOU"). Wha?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I saw it and thought it was enjoyable. Plus Virginia Madsen is enough of a reason for me to watch. :)

I thought the use of flashbacks was unnecessary. I just felt like it did not jive with the show.

Also, I did not feel sorry for the girl that got tazed by Amy Smart's character. I can't stand annoying people like that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was sort of funny when Amy Smart's character tells the annoying woman to "Stay..." as she walks away from the chaos.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I watched the pilot and I just cannot see how this show will last, the character of Jeff is just far too intense and deadly and I just can't care about any of these people.

The Soprano's have proven that a show about thieves and killers can work, but Smith has a serious mean streak that made it just unpleasant to watch.

No, unlike another new show Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, I will not be giving Smith another shot, I felt bad after watching Smith and that isn't what i'm looking for in my entertainment. :thumbsdown:

Dillon*G

Second Unit

The name of the song is "Hide and Seek" by Imogean Heap.

I enjoyed the pilot and will be watching this one every week.

Trevor H

Second Unit
Did anyone else notice in the scene backstage with the showgirls the fully visable naked breast including nipple on one of the girls as she is getting dressed? Either the censors are easing up on such things or it was a slip in the editing department (I don't think it was the first one). ;)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
What I saw was a whole lotta breast sans nipple. What you're describing seems so unlikely considering the draconian FCC fines these days.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
First episode was pretty dry. If not for NCIS and The Unit shows for lead-in, this show won't last long...

Edit: Since it's going up against L&O:SVU and Boston Legal, I'll be surprised if it does last 6-8 episodes...

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Plus CBS tends not to have much faith in shows that are not crime procedurals. I don't think this show was promoted much, compared to Shark.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Kind of goofy with the blond dude bikejacking that motorcycle in the daytime on Venice beach. They're trying to hard to make him look reckless? I still liked the show and I wonder why he picked $10 mil for his out figure. I also liked how his wife is/was a criminal as well.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the show was pretty good...but couldn't help think the plot isn't designed to give the show longevity. Then again, I thought that about Lost.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Liotta's face was so puffy on the baseball field, I thought he visited Nip/Tuck and was working getting a new face before disappearing after making it to his goal of $10 million.

Amy Smart's character will be too ambitious for her own good, and will get the crew in trouble (plus she already left a blabbering witness too). She's sloppy.

The motorcycle heist went against everything Smith suggest (lay low, don't call attention to yourself, etc.). Jeff is a knucklehead with no conscience.

PerryD

Supporting Actor

When he was scoping out the dead guy's wife and daughter, I couldn't even recognize him since the lower portion of Ray Liotta's face was covered, and all you saw was his funky surgically altered eyes. He's the next Kenny Rogers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks