What's new

Smallville Season 9 (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
And they cann't claim they do not have the budget for him flying as they have all sorts of other characters flying, but not Clark. What stupidity!!!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I only watch this show on occasion (like the JSA episode) after quitting many seasons ago. I also saw the Metallo ep as well as the Warrior Angel one, and each time I can't believe how quickly and unsatisfactorily the show ends the episodes after 40 minutes of build up (or 80 minutes for the double episode). Now, if that build up were good or interesting or clever I could cut it some slack, but it's 40 minutes of mostly tedious build up only to have the big fight at the finish end in seconds after one blow. The Warrior Angel episode ended without so much as a punch landed!

Smallville is the shaggiest shaggy dog story on TV. I can't believe it's been on for 9 seasons with another one on deck.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Horrendous episode. Absolutely one of the worst of the entire run. Let's just stop forever with the mind control/mind altering nonsense. There's nothing illuminating about having the characters act out of character. And they wrap a season arc story into this garbage (not that the Kandorian/Zod thing has been particularly interesting to me, even though I'm generally enjoying the season)?

Who was on the guest list for the Kandorian's funeral? Let's see. Clark. Zod. Oh, yes . . . an outtake from the Friday Night Lights score was there! And, what was with the horrible generic rock track when Clark was zapping the tower?

And I go to tv.com and it's highly rated and being praised. The Kryptonsite denizens are calling it one of the best ever. Guess I'm way out of touch. Hope I'm not pissing in some of y'all's cornflakes.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I guess I need to go back and re-watch this season again when it hits DVD because for the life of me I can't keep straight all this Kandorian stuff and why this Zod seems so relatively docile compared to the Zod who possessed Lex a few seasons ago, you know, the one who was such an intergalactic badass bent on our destruction?

What disturbed me most about the end of this episode was that Clark collapsed such a large structure while there were people directly under it.

I guess I'm finally beginning to tire of all this, just get Clark to being Supes already.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Well, for me this season has been pretty good. I really enjoyed the 2 hour "Absolute Justice" episode because I knew Geoff Johns wouldn't disappoint. Some were disappointed by it but I just enjoyed the heck out of it. He has been a big reason why I started reading a few comics again and I hadn't picked up a comic in nearly 25+ years. His series of Green Lantern, Blackest Night, etc. are all very well written and the art work is just like it should be in my opinion. Not like the crap that takes up 70% of cartoons and other comics now days (big eyes, anime looking junk).

The Hawkman character some said was wooden, but you must remember that was him since day 1 in the comics too. He was always that way, very moody, hostile, etc. I also thought Star Girl did a good job for the most part and Dr. Fate was outstanding. The only low point somewhat for me was the kid playing Icecycle or whatever his name is. Otherwise, I thought it nailed most of the personalities in the comics pretty well. It would be AWESOME to have Geoff Johns make an whole series like the JSA and it would kick the living daylights out of anything Heroes ever did for sure.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Ummm, I must've missed something this season. Why don't all the Kandorians already have the powers under a yellow sun? How would their plan of turning (or filtering) the sun red thru a wacky tower give them powers? And why do they talk as if they used to have powers? I mean, being on Krypton, they shouldn't have had any. I don't get it!

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
The clones DNA was altered. Therefore the yellow sun could not give them their powers. However a red sun could and that was their primary focus, to build the towers to accomplish that task. But now as it turns out, Clark's blood can magically restore their powers too.

I feel sorry for all the builders who took part in constructing those towers. All the man hours spent. When a single drop of blood could have done the same thing. What a shame.

Regards,

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Season 10 is now official.

TV Guide is reporting that Tom Welling, Justin Hartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Erica Durance will all be returning. No official word yet on Allison Mack or Callum Blue.
I'd miss Mack, but I'm liking Welling and Durance. I can live with whatever happens on that front.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't believe Mack will opt out now. Not with being a director and being an original cast member. Blue, on the other hand, is entirely disposable at the end of the year when the Zod storyline is over.

Or not, depending on what next year's arc is going to be.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wonder what happened to Lois. It turned from a possession into something else. The way she looked and it was played, they should have had Clark say, "What do you want to do with your life?", Lois answer, "I wanna rock!", and then spin around and turn into the Silver Banshee.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
The Silver Banshee? REALLY!?

ugh...

On a different note...I'm confused - probably due to the many weeks in between episodes...

But I remember a Phantom Zone episode where Zod was in it - are they ignoring that episode or is this Zod a clone?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Henry

But I remember a Phantom Zone episode where Zod was in it - are they ignoring that episode or is this Zod a clone?
All of these Kandor folk are clones. Check out
http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Kandorian_army

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That was some pretty awkward writing in "Upgrade." Zod and Clark destroy Chloe's kryptonite stockpiles..we don't see it happen. Lois is chloraformed, I guess, with no real consequences. Clark shows Zod the fortress; eh, doesn't matter. Zod should be collapsed on the ground after losing that much blood. Doesn't matter.

Seems like we're having the same conversations about trust between Clark and Chloe every single week. More handwringing over telling Lois Clark is the Blur. Blah blah blah. No wonder I'm waiting a week to watch new episodes...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hate to say it, guys, but I am growing weary of Smallville.

Yes, *I* said that, the guy who was the show's staunchest supporter even when everyone said that an episode sucked, I was there defending it.

This season just seems to be draaaagggiiinnggg and worse I don't know what the hell is going on with some of the characters, I've lost all touch with Chloe, I'm tired of Oliver, what's the deal with Tess? Is she good or bad? And why were Clark and Zod, the scourge of Kypton, getting along like old drinking buddies earlier this season?

It just feels like the show is spinning it's wheels now to get Clark to Superman and it's starting alienate me as both a fan of the show and as a Superman fan.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

what's the deal with Tess? Is she good or bad? And why were Clark and Zod, the scourge of Kypton, getting along like old drinking buddies earlier this season?

It just feels like the show is spinning it's wheels now to get Clark to Superman and it's starting alienate me as both a fan of the show and as a Superman fan.

That part has bothered me most about this season. On one hand, she plots with Zod to do something we don't really understand, sleeps with him, etc. etc. etc. on the other hand, she stabs her own plans in the back, and then at the end, she goes back and grabs information to advance the plan in the beginning.
Her efforts, good or bad, are most convoluted, futile, undecipherable mess I've ever seen. She should be friends with Tara (United States of Tara, that is) That whole bit is annoying beyond all ends.

This season has had too many moments that make no sense under any scrutiny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks